Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 03:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,919 times

Advertisements

hi my name is quest aka qst. I am interested in the summerlin area.

Is anyone familiar with this area? Is the corona epidemic causing offices to close down? Is it impossible* or extremely difficult for a couple to move there in summerlin. .

Is it true it can be cooler temperature wise than other areas of that region? How much rain or clouds do they get yearly? I prefer a tad bit cooler and somewhat rainy summerlin may have perhaps.*
What about major crime? any street gangs? is it high, medium, or low in crime if anyone knows?

Does summerlin have walmart delivery like we have here? Because we don't drive we will be using special transportation for us and hopefully walmart delivery to help us lessen bus trips . . This is not a public bus but a special one like us . .
Are places mostly closed down? Is there much anywhere to go these days in this area?
Which hospitals are most available or near Summerlin?

We're looking for a one bedroom place with ac, heater, garbage disposal, plus closets and carpets if possible. or to allow us to place a large carpet in the living room. We like soft carpets under the feet. everyday here uncomfortable hardwood floors. not good for your feet all day. ;.

One last thing. Would you suggest another city if you think summerlin is not our ticket. you can also name other areas if needed to look into whatever your reason may be. . we don't care about the strip and all that. We don't even buy any lottery tickets anymore. We'd rather put our money always to good use. . because in the end you usually lose more than you win anyways and that has been the case with me for sure. .
We like houses, stores, malls, post offices and banks etc. everyday stuff we like . .

so i hope this will be enough for another or more to answer. we will keep a check on this post.
later for now new member qst or quest*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2021, 03:47 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest43 View Post
hi my name is quest aka qst. I am interested in the summerlin area.

Is anyone familiar with this area? Is the corona epidemic causing offices to close down? Is it impossible* or extremely difficult for a couple to move there in summerlin. .

Is it true it can be cooler temperature wise than other areas of that region? How much rain or clouds do they get yearly? I prefer a tad bit cooler and somewhat rainy summerlin may have perhaps.*
What about major crime? any street gangs? is it high, medium, or low in crime if anyone knows?

Does summerlin have walmart delivery like we have here? Because we don't drive we will be using special transportation for us and hopefully walmart delivery to help us lessen bus trips . . This is not a public bus but a special one like us . .
Are places mostly closed down? Is there much anywhere to go these days in this area?
Which hospitals are most available or near Summerlin?

We're looking for a one bedroom place with ac, heater, garbage disposal, plus closets and carpets if possible. or to allow us to place a large carpet in the living room. We like soft carpets under the feet. everyday here uncomfortable hardwood floors. not good for your feet all day. ;.

One last thing. Would you suggest another city if you think summerlin is not our ticket. you can also name other areas if needed to look into whatever your reason may be. . we don't care about the strip and all that. We don't even buy any lottery tickets anymore. We'd rather put our money always to good use. . because in the end you usually lose more than you win anyways and that has been the case with me for sure. .
We like houses, stores, malls, post offices and banks etc. everyday stuff we like . .

so i hope this will be enough for another or more to answer. we will keep a check on this post.
later for now new member qst or quest*
Summerlin is a relatively high class master planned community. It however has a wide range of housing. From one and two bedroom condos to fabulous 5 million dollar estates.

There are no run down areas to speak of. See a beat up house once in a while but that is an individual thing. And the streets are very nice and often have very nice areas of landscaping along them. From the sounds of it I presume you are renting. You can get a very good look at what is available in a day or two. I would also suggest looking at some near Summerlin places. Painted Desert and Desert Shores for example. You may find more joy than Summerlin proper. There are however nice places in Summerlin proper as well.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:12 AM

441 posts, read 439,627 times
my brother and his family live in Summerlin. They absolutely love it. They are happy with the schools. Both my niece and nephew are doing great in school. It's a bit away from the strip and downtown so I think it is probably much quieter.

I have not actually been there though. Because of the virus right now there is no way I am getting on an airplane.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:43 PM

1,626 posts, read 1,709,719 times
Summerlin is just another area of the greater Las Vegas area. IMO, so is Henderson. Look at a map, it's not a very big area though I compare cities to Chicago and all the surrounding suburbs. Cooler is relative here, it's still hot in the summer. If you aren't going to drive, you aren't going to get around to see what Vegas has to offer. There are WalMart, Costco, Trader Joe's and grocery stores etc in most locations. What you are looking for to rent will be more expensive in Summerlin and Henderson. Different areas have different crime rates. The better areas are higher rent.

Vegas is a desert and it's dusty and sandy. Carpet needs to be vacuumed frequently. Tile and hardwood floors are easier to keep clean. Take you shoes off when you enter the house. I have shoes I wear in the house and wear different shoes when I go out. I knock them together outside the house to get the junk off them. I'm always amazed how much stuff I see when when I clean the tile floors even thought I make an effort to not track any in.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:45 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,884 times
To me Summerlin is the nicest area of the LV valley with certain parts of Henderson being a very close #2. Others see it the other way around so it's basically 1 and 2 in some order.

Best schools, great shopping, tons of restaurants, cooler temps, easy 20-25 minute drive to the strip, hiking out your backdoor at Red Rock, and I could go on.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:48 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,645,454 times
Q: How do you rate summerlin?

A: 6.8.

However, the Russian judge rates Summerlin as only a 5.2.

Old 03-06-2021, 04:03 PM

661 posts, read 631,349 times
I would rate Summerlin 7.5/10. If money is no issue, Summerlin is a great area to live. My preferred location would be Spring Valley. Great location, unlimited restaurants/shopping, and lower cost of living.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:44 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
I would think a rating of 2.5 to 9.5. That is in keeping with a price range from $150,000 to 7,400,000. There is also one for sale for $12,400,000.

So understand Summerlin has a wide range of houses. Henderson has about the same range of housing but not in a single master plan. You just look at the tracts south of the 215. Anthem and Seven Hills come immediately to mind through there are a dozen others. And it is also not clear to identify those in Anthem for instance. Some appear to have no relationship but if you search Anthem you will find them. Solera is a good example.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:05 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,344,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
Because of the virus right now there is no way I am getting on an airplane.
About three weeks ago, I flew for the first time in the COVID era. It was not a bad experience. The airline (Southwest) was taking proper precautions, everyone was wearing masks, and because there were only 25 people on the flight, I had the row to myself and no one sat in the rows in front of me or behind me. I have also had both doses of the Moderna vaccine.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:15 AM

1,086 posts, read 745,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
About three weeks ago, I flew for the first time in the COVID era. It was not a bad experience. The airline (Southwest) was taking proper precautions, everyone was wearing masks, and because there were only 25 people on the flight, I had the row to myself and no one sat in the rows in front of me or behind me. I have also had both doses of the Moderna vaccine.
I have flown way too many times the past year and every experience has been good as you describe. I remember one flight where a passenger gave the flight attendants a hard time about the mask but it was when the mask mandate on Southwest had just started. Now it's a no-brainer. Lately, flights have been more full but generally people know to mind their business and look straight ahead if sitting next to a stranger. There was one talkative guy yesterday flying out of Vegas who kept turning to his neighbor and talking to her. I am not sure she liked it but I think I would have done something as he was too much in her space. Of course people who are uncomfortable should stay home. No judgment there. We all gotta do what works for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: