Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 07:54 PM

94 posts, read 42,534 times

Advertisements

Split-system, remove and replace, 4 Ton Maytag 16 SEER, all permits and electrical upgrades, $9.5K. They followed proto.

Got a bid for a similarly spec’d Carrier for 12K. Nothin’ fancy, Jeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 08:35 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,783,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post
had a 5 ton 16 seer rooftop package unit installed a year ago (goodman) for under 6k
Who did the install, can you pm me if not allowed to post here?

New air handler too?

Old 03-21-2021, 12:19 PM

26,126 posts, read 48,749,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post

New air handler too?
Recommendations for service providers are okay in the forums provided it is neither a realtor nor a firm that is promoting itself.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:37 AM

67 posts, read 94,737 times
Quote:
had a 5 ton 16 seer rooftop package unit installed a year ago (goodman) for under 6k
Was this a 2nd floor roof install? Got a price for Goodman as well and it was very attractive. Who did the work?

Old 04-01-2021, 09:41 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,324,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
We deal with two 35 year old carrier systems. We maintain a deluxe home warranty that will pay to replace them on failure. The home warranty won't actually pay the whole bill but most of it including some expensive items like the crane rental.

The bad news is that home warranty costs almost 100 a month...so we have lost a bundle over the last 15 years. I think we broke even only one year when we lost a whole mess of stuff in a couple of months.
I also carried a home warranty, but I lost a ton of money from stuff that they didn't cover (but were supposed to). I won't go into details (unless someone wants them in PM), but I will never carry another one.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:39 PM

930 posts, read 1,811,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ. View Post
Even if it was months before you called, you'd likely get screwed by the home warranty company if they are like Old Republic...My realtor bought me an Old Republic warranty on a rental house I bought. The house needed quite a few things in the first year; they kept trying to repair the AC a number of times but they only succeeded in getting it to limp along. I paid for a second year since I knew the AC was going to fail for good any day. When it finally did die they only wanted to pay about $1650 for the new system that was going to cost me about $4500. It was better than nothing so I took their $1650 and replaced the system. But I certainly didn't renew the warranty.

I believe the washer failed when I had the warranty. They sent in some third rate company that worked on it about 3 times before giving up. They replaced the washer with a new one. I believe they also replaced the water heater. But the problem was that it typically took 3 or 4 days for someone to show up to attempt a repair. That's ridiculous. If I were paying a provider direct they'd show up that day...I think the tenant was without the washing machine for at least a month until the new one was delivered.

If you are cheap & don't care how long it takes to get an appliance fixed, then a home warranty company might be OK for you. But if you don't want to be without a washer for a month or without Air Conditioning for a week in the summer, it might be best to skip a home warranty company. Especially "Old Republic"...

I had old republic for several years after purchasing a new house. the first couple of years were ok with timely & competent service, but something must have changed as since then the contractors sent for repairs were some of most unreliable & incompetent I've ever seen. I did not renew.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:05 AM

359 posts, read 358,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe weed View Post
Was this a 2nd floor roof install? Got a price for Goodman as well and it was very attractive. Who did the work?
yes second story the company that did the install was bobs repair ac and heating just remember my price came a month or 2 into the pandemic when they really needed the work

Old 04-06-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post

New air handler too?
bobs repair ac and heating they did also install a new ductwork around the ac on the roof

Old 04-10-2021, 12:13 PM

67 posts, read 94,737 times
Quote:
yes second story the company that did the install was bobs repair ac and heating just remember my price came a month or 2 into the pandemic when they really needed the work
Did they do a good job, would you recommend Bob's AC? That's a great price for what you got compared to what I'm being quoted.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe weed View Post
Did they do a good job, would you recommend Bob's AC? That's a great price for what you got compared to what I'm being quoted.
very happy with everything didnt use the ac much last year since we didnt have much humidity used the swamp cooler instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas