U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 07:44 PM

563 posts, read 533,942 times

Advertisements

Where are the really bad areas to avoid in N Vegas? north of 95/515 and south of Craig road how about west and east? I have several places that I might need to go, they are in the "triangle" area within Rancho and I-95, in gmap it's the triangle area within those roads. I looked up the streetview in the gmap and it doesn't look that bad. To be more specific I have couple addresses. 2041 N Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89108, 6110 W Cheyenne Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89108. Those areas are they ok to visit?

Also I avoid getting instacart, grubhub etc delivery services S of Craig road (I am in Aliante) But then drivers could be within 10 minutes or so of that general area so.....? Order from address more north of Craig I suppose? How do you guys do it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 07:53 PM

864 posts, read 347,842 times
Are you saying you do delivery work and you'd like to refuse to deliver to some people because of where they live?

Old 03-15-2021, 08:34 PM

563 posts, read 533,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
Are you saying you do delivery work and you'd like to refuse to deliver to some people because of where they live?

No I order from delivery services, before I just buy from stores north of craig then I realized they can also come from 5,10 min south of Craig etc. But that's secondary I am more interested in the "triangle" area. any tips?

Last edited by LVguy; 03-15-2021 at 08:47 PM..

Old 03-20-2021, 07:09 PM

248 posts, read 400,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
Where are the really bad areas to avoid in N Vegas? north of 95/515 and south of Craig road how about west and east? I have several places that I might need to go, they are in the "triangle" area within Rancho and I-95, in gmap it's the triangle area within those roads. I looked up the streetview in the gmap and it doesn't look that bad. To be more specific I have couple addresses. 2041 N Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89108, 6110 W Cheyenne Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89108. Those areas are they ok to visit?

Also I avoid getting instacart, grubhub etc delivery services S of Craig road (I am in Aliante) But then drivers could be within 10 minutes or so of that general area so.....? Order from address more north of Craig I suppose? How do you guys do it?
There are no "really bad" areas in North Las Vegas and to be truthful "really bad" is subjective. Crime exists everywhere in the Valley and if you're worried about being robbed that's just as likely to happen in Summerlin or Green Valley as you are anywhere else. Use common sense when moving around and stop believing everything you see on the 6 p.m news.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:07 PM

17,179 posts, read 7,199,700 times
Quote:
No I order from delivery services, before I just buy from stores north of craig then I realized they can also come from 5,10 min south of Craig etc. But that's secondary I am more interested in the "triangle" area. any tips?
We live just south of Craig east of Durango. There is no place in that are where we would be afraid to do business. A little too rough down that way to live there but fine for buying stuff.

In fact we would go all the way down to Summerlin Parkway without fear.

Old 03-20-2021, 10:25 PM

11,527 posts, read 8,332,047 times
I believe you mean the city of North Las Vegas. Generally anything north of Craig, west of i-15 and east of Decatur is deemed safe. The more north you go the better. Not to say other parts are really bad. I would avoid anything south of Cheyenne and parts of downtown area of NLV.

Don't confuse north areas of Las Vegas with the separate city of North Las Vegas.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:01 PM

4,409 posts, read 9,435,725 times
Just to be clear, there are REALLY bad neighborhoods in LV.

Now keep in mind this was 18 years ago. A friend of mine met a really pretty girl that said she had been a stripper but now was just kinda doing her own thing

She stayed with us in our hotel for a few days. She had us take her to a “friends” to “pick up her stuff”. It was near Lamb and Lake Mead and was a apartment or townhome building complex. It didn’t look that bad on the surface but after I saw who was there, I left my car running the entire time. She got out an ran into a unit. During the ensuing 5 minutes we got approached three times. Then I could see a group of guys walking towards our car, staring directly at us. I decided this would be a very good time to leave. I wanted to leave her there but my friend had me pause for a second on the other side of the building and she came running out, got in, and I burned rubber outta there.

One of the more dangerous situations I’ve ever been in I think.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-21-2021 at 06:19 PM..

Old 03-26-2021, 08:14 PM

115 posts, read 36,752 times
Quote:

Personally I don’t live with any fear of getting jacked by my food delivery person. Maybe you should tip a little better.

Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM

627 posts, read 277,943 times
Quote:

I am not seeing the rationale regarding food delivery South of Craig. I lived South of CAREY and north of Lake Mead and I ordered out 2 or 3 times a week. The upshot was that being in 89106, many of the downtown restaurants delivered to me. Never had an issue.

Then I lived South of Craig and just north of Alexander for a year. No issues.

Old Today, 04:54 PM

6,824 posts, read 7,110,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post
There are no "really bad" areas in North Las Vegas and to be truthful "really bad" is subjective. Crime exists everywhere in the Valley and if you're worried about being robbed that's just as likely to happen in Summerlin or Green Valley as you are anywhere else. Use common sense when moving around and stop believing everything you see on the 6 p.m news.
Hahaha isn’t that cute! North Las Vegas is almost all “the bad area,” and crime is WAY more likely there than anywhere in Summerlin or Green Valley. It’s not even close. Avoid North Las Vegas unless you have no choice or a death wish. I’d rather go into a Coronavirus ward without PPE equipment than NLV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas