U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 09:55 AM

1,272 posts, read 1,535,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Gas is not universal. We have none and most of the Lone Mountain RNP is gasless. It is generally not feasible to hook up a single home.

It is not all that expensive. Our utility bill runs from $200 to $500 during the year. The big bills are high summer and mid winter. I do not think gas helps with the high summer bill.
I respectfully disagree as I use the dryer quite a bit. Water usage etc. It would make a huge difference for me and a lot of other people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
What's so bad about requiring an ID? Unless you don't have one, of course.
Nothing is wrong with it. If you don't have an ID for some reason, some places will allow you to use a utility bill or the such to prove who you are. Some type of identification is better than nothing. Just walking up to vote with no safeguards in place is making it EASIER to commit fraud. They claim checks further down the line will catch fraud. I can imagine those "checks" are fallible.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:12 AM

17,240 posts, read 7,256,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
I respectfully disagree as I use the dryer quite a bit. Water usage etc. It would make a huge difference for me and a lot of other people.
AC is the question. 3000SF homes often do $300 to $400 for AC alone in the high summer.

I would be sure you save some money with gas do to the other stuff. But that is under $200 a month for the electric so I do not see any huge savings for gas. I would take it if I could get it but the last price to hook up to gas here was $12.000 to get it to the property and then a good bit more to get where needed and replacing electric devices with gas..

Old 04-08-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
AC is the question. 3000SF homes often do $300 to $400 for AC alone in the high summer.

I would be sure you save some money with gas do to the other stuff. But that is under $200 a month for the electric so I do not see any huge savings for gas. I would take it if I could get it but the last price to hook up to gas here was $12.000 to get it to the property and then a good bit more to get where needed and replacing electric devices with gas..
Of course if you don't already have gas service that's understandable, as it would be cost prohibitive to bring it in. But for those of us who do have gas already, it's a no brainer to use gas.

Old 04-08-2021, 06:32 PM

365 posts, read 356,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Nothing is wrong with it. If you don't have an ID for some reason, some places will allow you to use a utility bill or the such to prove who you are. Some type of identification is better than nothing. Just walking up to vote with no safeguards in place is making it EASIER to commit fraud. They claim checks further down the line will catch fraud. I can imagine those "checks" are fallible.
Yes, I was being sarcastic but with little success. I firmly believe in proper ID for voting. Its just good common sense. You need ID for every other thing but not for voting? Bad idea.

Old 04-08-2021, 06:59 PM

17,240 posts, read 7,256,537 times
Quote:
Yes, I was being sarcastic but with little success. I firmly believe in proper ID for voting. Its just good common sense. You need ID for every other thing but not for voting? Bad idea.
Actually federal ID has always been beaten off by the right as too infringing on the right to privacy.

Nothing hard about it. Give all legals a passport or an equivalent document. But it is always resisted.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:42 AM

207 posts, read 88,608 times
Quote:
Why? There is very little evidence that supports any significant voter fraud. I’d suggest we start to focus on holding the politicians that are elected accountable for actually getting bills passed and legislation enacted than continue to entertain this false narrative that was based on a lie.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:14 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,382,001 times
Quote:
Federal ID will be implemented soon, but it will be called Vaccine Passport.

Old 04-10-2021, 12:35 PM

Glad to see these bills have died for this session:

Assembly Bill 380 initially would have required incremental decreases in natural gas use in buildings in Nevada

Senate Bill 367 would have added a 9 percent live entertainment tax to tickets for games played by the Raiders, Golden Knights and Aces
There should have been a few more that died, but we'll see what the final outcome will be in June.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...evada-2326140/

Old 04-10-2021, 09:47 PM

20,426 posts, read 24,095,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
you could have all the help in the world, but they won't take it. its one thing to use and maybe overdose.. its another to continually use, don't seek help, and overdose.
its meth heaven here in Florida, unlike I've ever seen in my life.. there's help available everywhere, but they have to agree to "sober up" which they don't.

tons of walking zombies...
And there are at least a million people a day overdosing on their Smartphones!

Addictions are addictions are addictions, and we all have them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas