U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2021, 03:23 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,524,747 times

Advertisements

“The end goal of this is to have people get the skill sets to get jobs,” said Jim Haye, neighborhood services coordinator for North Las Vegas.
Rick Damian, manager of housing and neighborhood services for the city, said the center will help people who may otherwise not be able to afford STEM training elsewhere. Training opportunities will be provided at no out-of-pocket cost to people, regardless of whether they live in North Las Vegas.

This is a very good opportunity for people that need skills to earn better wages. I highly encourage anyone that needs more skills to take advantage of this FREE training. This is better than just raising the minimum wage. Those jobs are really for young people to enter the workplace and get familiar with working. It's NOT meant to be a life long profession. You're supposed to have the motivation to get training (like this) to earn better wages, not let the Federal Government give you raises.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...vegas-2314278/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 05:43 PM

17,176 posts, read 7,195,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
“The end goal of this is to have people get the skill sets to get jobs,” said Jim Haye, neighborhood services coordinator for North Las Vegas.
Rick Damian, manager of housing and neighborhood services for the city, said the center will help people who may otherwise not be able to afford STEM training elsewhere. Training opportunities will be provided at no out-of-pocket cost to people, regardless of whether they live in North Las Vegas.

This is a very good opportunity for people that need skills to earn better wages. I highly encourage anyone that needs more skills to take advantage of this FREE training. This is better than just raising the minimum wage. Those jobs are really for young people to enter the workplace and get familiar with working. It's NOT meant to be a life long profession. You're supposed to have the motivation to get training (like this) to earn better wages, not let the Federal Government give you raises.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...vegas-2314278/
hey tim i can teach virtually any hardware or software skill my team was in the group that put together html and lots of other internet protocols>

so if you know someonelookingforinstructorsfeelfreetorefertome>

sorryforthescrewytyping>pouredadrinkintomykeyboard >willfixtommorrowbutnottonight>

Old 03-27-2021, 06:22 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,524,747 times
Good to know lvmensch, thanks.

Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM

622 posts, read 277,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
hey tim i can teach virtually any hardware or software skill my team was in the group that put together html and lots of other internet protocols>

so if you know someonelookingforinstructorsfeelfreetorefertome>

sorryforthescrewytyping>pouredadrinkintomykeyboard >willfixtommorrowbutnottonight>
Here comes my sardonic wit again: Did you by any chance collaborate with Al Gore?

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM

23,203 posts, read 42,421,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
... sorryforthescrewytyping>pouredadrinkintomykeyboard >willfixtommorrowbutnottonight>
I'll drink to that, cheers!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
Here comes my sardonic wit again: Did you by any chance collaborate with Al Gore?
I was in the real internet development. Was the VP running the Electronics Division of one of the major players. Actually directed the development of a 256 PC. Even own a patent on protocols for loading files in a PC.

My team was very active in formulating the actual protocols for the internet. This is not the WWW which came later but the structure upon which WWW was based.

The big hand in much of the formatting and printing was Adobe and John Warnock. Our role was more in keeping the thing doable in reasonable printers.

One of the fun things was HTML. Amazing how many thought they had great understanding of documents and their formatting. Some of the meetings descended into chaos. But they were fun.

Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'll drink to that, cheers!

As I got ready to buy a new keyboard the present one returned to proper behavior. I can again type capital letters in the normal fashion.

Think however I am going to pick up a spare keyboard and a couple of mice.

Back in my working days one of my reports was believed to be the inventor of the mouse. And for practical purposes he may well have been. However an obscure patent in Germany did have the concept some years earlier. That did not become clear until years after the US mouse was widely accepted and some improvements gave patent rights better than the German one. The optical mouse for instance came on the US version..

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM

2,962 posts, read 8,015,013 times
This training will be most likely free for only those who are considered low income.

“The end goal of this is to have people get the skill sets to get jobs,” said Jim Haye, neighborhood services coordinator for North Las Vegas. Rick Damian, manager of housing and neighborhood services for the city, said the center will help people who may otherwise not be able to afford STEM training elsewhere.

Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM

10,634 posts, read 8,759,700 times
How advanced is this training? Is it just HS level sciences, and computer programming, or are they giving actually bachelors or masters in STEM?

Besides military, arent there other agencies that offer GI bill? I thought Post Office did. That is free education in whatever you choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas