U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 03:54 AM

13 posts, read 5,081 times

Advertisements

I moved to a new house in Summerlin South about two months ago, the previous owner said that the rain bird system is programmed and I don't need to touch it, I noticed that I haven't heard it working for a while, I looked at it and it seems like it was reset, it says 00:00 for everything, now I have no idea when and for how long I should run it, I'd really appreciate it if you guys can help me out.
So like I said I live in Summerlin South, my backyard is not done yet so I just need to water a few plants in my side yard and some desert landscaping in the front yard, and two small/medium size trees, no lawn.
I will be going out of town for two months and really don't want everything to die wile I'm away.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 07:50 AM

1,037 posts, read 792,170 times
https://www.rainbird.com/homeowners/...ollers/support

Find your model and download the manual. Lots of pictures.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:22 AM

943 posts, read 1,299,590 times
Very likely the backup battery inside the timer is dead. If you can replace it and it works you might be ok. Failing to replace the battery will cause the timer to reset any time power is interrupted.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:23 AM

17,297 posts, read 7,369,798 times
And the water district has a site which tells you what are the watering times for your address...

https://www.lvvwd.com/conservation/w...oup/index.cfml

Old 04-03-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And the water district has a site which tells you what are the watering times for your address...

https://www.lvvwd.com/conservation/w...oup/index.cfml
I looked at this website, how do I know what type of drip emitter I have?
I never owned a house before, never owned a yard, I came from an apartment in Manhattan! Help!

Old 04-03-2021, 11:46 AM

I have black and red drip emitters, is 3 times a week for 90 minutes sounds right for my situation?

Old 04-03-2021, 12:08 PM

920 posts, read 854,498 times
I would have an irrigation company come out, go through the entire system to make sure all the heads are working properly (not clogged) and program the system. It is not a set it and forget it situation here. You want to water the correct amount of time for each zone and number of days for each season or you will over or under water. You need to learn how to re-program the days and duration of each zone and change it four times a year. The tech should explain everything and give you the information you need to use your system effectively.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:22 PM

So I downloaded the app and it seems like it was pre programmed to run 4 times a week for 22 minutes, 4 times a day, 1am, 8am, 2pm and 8pm
does this sound right??

Old 04-03-2021, 01:22 PM

920 posts, read 854,498 times
You generally don't want to run at 2 pm in summer and don't need to water four times a day in winter. It depends on what you are watering and the season. In summer, if leaves get wet, the hot sun will burn them. Also, the water will evaporate faster during the hottest part of the day. There are no hard and fast rules, only what works best for what you have to water. Hire a pro or spend a lot of time trying to figure it out for yourself and probably not getting it figured out. Different types of drip emitters have different flow rates.

Old 04-03-2021, 02:37 PM

It’s not 4 days a week it’s every 4 days. My mistake. That’s the program for fall and spring I guess, summer I guess will be 3 times a week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas