Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:14 PM

99 posts, read 416,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug17 View Post
mrjason,
I recall you are seeking a teaching job, so another thing to consider is getting a part time job at a place like Angel Park (I did this when I taught). You can work in the pro shop, driving range or player services at night, on weekends, and in the summer - and you can golf for free.
Thanks, Doug17. Now, that's what I'm talking about! Working part-time at a course is a great idea and definitely something I'd be interested in doing. Not sure about playing in the dead heat, however. I thought there might be this monolithic indoor course somewhere...guess I was dreaming. That would be kinda cool, albeit completely impossible, I suppose, but, hey, I did see the Eiffel Tower on Las Vegas Blvd. a few weeks ago.

Thanks also to olecapt. Great suggestions and words of encouragement. By the way, thanks for the high school comparison. I get the gist of it, and thanks for compiling all that info, as it is extremely helpful, particularly when I get that call to come on over and join the faculty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 09:30 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
True- but just remember to book a tee time weeks in advance unless you want to wait in the standby line.......
Granted it's been a year since I last played there, but both times I got on as a single walk-on. I waited about 15 minutes before I was paired up with somebody. As long as one doesn't mind playing with a stranger then it will be ok, no different than any other course here.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:54 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
there is a way.

There are all sorts of courses that have deals available. There are also municipal executive courses like the one on Durango north of Cheyenne. . There are semi-private courses like Sun City Summerlin. You can join there and buy down to a reasonable rate.

Silverstone has all sorts of deals available. Rumors suggest Los Prados can get almost as cheap as Craig Road.

Get here, get established, and talk to the other teachers. Bet you swiftly find dozens of deals.

You are not going to play Bali Hai on a 9AM Tee time in January for $25. But there are lots of things that will work. Had a son in law in town high season who hit three good courses in three days for less than $50 each...and he was a tourist.
True, true............even Eagle Ridge over by Highland Falls is reasonable and blends in some par 4's. I take family members and friends over to Silverstone all the time since I'm a member over there.

Durango Hills is a fun course, good rates and they don't care if you're a local or not.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:03 PM

231 posts, read 587,439 times
I just played yesterday at the Wild Horse Golf Course in Henderson--$27 for 18 holes including a cart and its a nice course!! You have to be a local and you cant t off before 3pm (twilight hours).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas