Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2021, 03:34 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times

Advertisements

We're in between houses as we close on the sale of our current home and wait for the new one to be built. Needing an UNfurnished rental house for less than 6 months. Very few landlords or rental companies offer rentals less than 6 months and we don't want one of those transitory housing places like Emerald Suites, Seigel Suites or Residence Inns as they tend to be condo dwellings in less-than-desirable areas (there is sometimes a police chopper circling the one down the street from us).

We considered putting everything in storage and just renting an AirBnB, but we really want to sleep in our own bed, use our own stuff, etc.

Perhaps my question isn't so much about specific places, but ideas of companies or property managers that specialize in this kind of situation. We're looking for nicer places in Henderson or Summerlin that will accept a small dog. Price is not a major concern. Control of the timing is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 05:25 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,106 times
We are going to rent an airbnb for a month or two while our house finishes up. Some super nice places for very reasonable prices.

Old 04-19-2021, 05:51 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,279,994 times
You can't possibly put Residence Inns, a Marriott brand with a strong reputation as an extended stay hotel, in the same category as Seigel Suites or Emerald Suites.

Most people renting out unfurnished houses need a full year lease to provide some sense of stability. Your best bet is likely to be a luxury loft or condo style apartment community that'll allow variable leases - some as low as three months - but you will pay a premium for that kind of shorter term rental.

apartments.com lets you search by short term rental and by house or townhome; but it looks like all six home listings they show are furnished. A good compromise might be to rent an unfurnished townhome. Something like The Townhomes at Horizon Ridge or Parkway Townhomes?

Old 04-19-2021, 07:58 PM

1,622 posts, read 1,705,983 times
When I was looking a few years ago, I found a realtor who had some houses to rent for 6 month terms, but they were furnished (I wanted that, my stuff was already in storage). Your dog may be an issue. I rented a condo from 702housing.com. They were nice to deal with and the condo was in a good area and good enough for short term. It looks like all their properties are furnished.

https://702housing.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQ...waAuTnEALw_wcB

I think it will be hard to find an unfurnished house that will allow a dog and have less than a year lease. You may need to put your stuff in storage. Be sure to hire a good moving company, the one I used damaged a lot of my furniture, art, TV's etc. It took a year to get paid by their insurance. Good luck!

Old 04-19-2021, 07:58 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
We're in between houses as we close on the sale of our current home and wait for the new one to be built. Needing an UNfurnished rental house for less than 6 months. Very few landlords or rental companies offer rentals less than 6 months and we don't want one of those transitory housing places like Emerald Suites, Seigel Suites or Residence Inns as they tend to be condo dwellings in less-than-desirable areas (there is sometimes a police chopper circling the one down the street from us).

We considered putting everything in storage and just renting an AirBnB, but we really want to sleep in our own bed, use our own stuff, etc.

Perhaps my question isn't so much about specific places, but ideas of companies or property managers that specialize in this kind of situation. We're looking for nicer places in Henderson or Summerlin that will accept a small dog. Price is not a major concern. Control of the timing is.
I presume you saw the direct message

Old 04-19-2021, 08:36 PM

261 posts, read 234,642 times
I have a house now rented for 3 months while they wait for next house to be built. Not available until May 31 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: