U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 10:46 PM

3,672 posts, read 5,973,795 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a lot of nice houses and complexes around here. I’ve heard Boulder Hwy can be a mixed bag. Any thoughts on the area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 01:02 PM

2,447 posts, read 4,261,568 times
Lots of crime in the area. What is your tolerance to it.

Old 04-21-2021, 01:48 PM

3,672 posts, read 5,973,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Lots of crime in the area. What is your tolerance to it.
I grew up in Chicago so our ideas of crime are probably a lot different lol. I know there is mixed reviews on the east side but it’s also a large area. Seems like most of Vegas where violence goes up and down from
block to block.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM

17,279 posts, read 7,311,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
There seems to be a lot of nice houses and complexes around here. I’ve heard Boulder Hwy can be a mixed bag. Any thoughts on the area?
I would suggest getting a distance from Boulder Highway. Stallion Mountain and all the stuff that way. .

Tends to be an older and gentler crowd as you get back toward the mountains.

Look for places with strong security. Most of those places have it.

Old 04-22-2021, 11:17 PM

6,935 posts, read 7,183,990 times
Why is Boulder Hwy usually considered a high crime area? What makes it that way? I’m not really familiar with it.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:36 AM

194 posts, read 155,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Boulder Hwy in that direct area has a lot of street vagrancy issues. But, that intersection is not far from some great complexes and nice homes. Boulder and Trop is also convenient to lots of great restaurants in Henderson, shopping, the 95 into downtown and connects I-15, the Wetlands Trails, and Lake Mead National Recreation area. The problem with Boulder Highway in that area is lots of unsavory looking people and certainly not safe directly near that road. That said, it looks as if the local government is trying hard to improve the road, crosswalks, and to some degree the appearance. I'd suggest a visit before buying anything too close to that intersection.

Old 04-24-2021, 12:02 PM

4,413 posts, read 9,479,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Why is Boulder Hwy usually considered a high crime area? What makes it that way? I’m not really familiar with it.
Huge transient issue. Tons of short stay low end places. Street prostitution from appx Sahara down to Sams Town, though that may have been years ago. Lots of low end run down neighborhood in the surrounding blocks.

Old Today, 07:58 AM

4,922 posts, read 9,902,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
The only decent/good area off Boulder Highway is anywhere SOUTH of College Drive.
Boulder gets more and more crappy in the other direction.

Old Today, 08:08 AM

943 posts, read 1,294,463 times
Location, location, is what realtors tell you. There is a reason the price is attractive it’s because the area isn’t. This happens all the time with people looking at homes online and paying attention only to price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: