U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 08:01 PM

4,802 posts, read 7,135,859 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used a park and ride when flying out of Vegas? If so who did you use?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 08:29 PM

2,219 posts, read 1,421,173 times
If you want to do this as cheaply as possible park at the South Strip Transfer Terminal. You can do that for free for several days. Then take the bus one stop to terminal 1. Details are here.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:10 AM

4,802 posts, read 7,135,859 times
Thanks I checked it out but there's no mention of how many parking spaces there are. I will be parking for 6 days leaving on a Wednesday.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:55 AM

418 posts, read 1,005,879 times
I frequently used the South Strip Transfer Terminal also. It's great! Cheap, buses run to and from the airport frequently and there is ample parking, now that they added a north lot. I have parked there for 2 weeks and no issues. Just be sure if it's over a week, you fill a form out and leave it with inside security.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:21 AM

9,577 posts, read 3,224,463 times
Consider this as an alternative:

Rent a car from Hertz Local Edition at a location close to you. Make the reservation a 1-way reservation from the Local Edition to McCarran. Pick up the car the day before your departure, or even the day of your departure, and then drive to McCarran and drop it off.

I usually rent 1-way from Hertz Local Edition at Henderson Executive Airport, dropping the vehicle off at the rental car return for LAS. No problem leaving your personal car at Henderson Executive Airport for a week.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:09 AM

2,219 posts, read 1,421,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Consider this as an alternative:

Rent a car from Hertz Local Edition at a location close to you. Make the reservation a 1-way reservation from the Local Edition to McCarran. Pick up the car the day before your departure, or even the day of your departure, and then drive to McCarran and drop it off.

I usually rent 1-way from Hertz Local Edition at Henderson Executive Airport, dropping the vehicle off at the rental car return for LAS. No problem leaving your personal car at Henderson Executive Airport for a week.
How do you get back to Henderson?

Old 04-27-2021, 10:32 AM

17,305 posts, read 7,429,361 times
I did this over a thousand times over my career.

Mostly someone would drop me off. My secretary or my wife. In the rare cases where that would not work a cab. Nowadays I would think Lyft or Uber.

For single day trips I would simply park at the airport.

I see little advantage to park and ride.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:02 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,882,873 times
We're flying to Tampa next Tuesday, coming back on Saturday. We just park at the long-term lot. $12/day is not a big deal.

Uber, if you can get one, would cost about the same or more from where we live. Screwing around with anything else just isn't worth it.

Old 04-28-2021, 11:55 AM

5,693 posts, read 10,079,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

I see little advantage to park and ride.
To some people saving $80 for a week's parking is worth it.

If you don't want to deal with the $2 bus you can even get a free ride to and from the airport by walking a few blocks south to the rental car center, but that might be a bit extreme. The bus works perfectly fine and there is only one stop between the SSTT and the airport so it's quick.

Old 04-28-2021, 12:30 PM

9,577 posts, read 3,224,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
How do you get back to Henderson?
I pick up a rental car 1-way from LAS dropping off at Hertz Local Edition @ Henderson Executive Airport. Or, if it is convenient time-wise, I'll ask a friend/relative to pick me up (usually, the outbound flight is early in the morning and not convenient to ask a friend).

Pre-pandemic, the two rentals cost less than parking, depending on the length of my trip. I know rental car rates and availability are an issue now (during the Pandemic, the major rental car companies sold off a lot of their fleet), so this general approach might not be a good answer right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: