U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
 
9 posts, read 4,687 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

How is the pay working in a Sportsbook? Will they hire someone with no experience and train to move up the ladder, or, do they prefer experience?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
12,697 posts, read 25,242,526 times
Reputation: 4795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner007117 View Post
How is the pay working in a Sportsbook? Will they hire someone with no experience and train to move up the ladder, or, do they prefer experience?
Get into the hotel first, even if it’s a menial job. It’s all about who you know for the desired jobs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
 
5,686 posts, read 10,057,930 times
Reputation: 5098
Easy jobs to get, but pay isn't much and moving up doesn't make you that much. Plus kiosks are picking up a lot of the slack so expect to see fewer jobs over time. Typical writer makes around $13-17 per hour plus a few bucks an hour average in tips. Their supervisor makes like $20-25. Basically you can do as well working at Starbucks, but if that's the environment you like maybe give it a shot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Henderson, NV
1,038 posts, read 794,250 times
Reputation: 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Easy jobs to get, but pay isn't much and moving up doesn't make you that much. Plus kiosks are picking up a lot of the slack so expect to see fewer jobs over time. Typical writer makes around $13-17 per hour plus a few bucks an hour average in tips. Their supervisor makes like $20-25. Basically you can do as well working at Starbucks, but if that's the environment you like maybe give it a shot.
Yes, but one will work far harder at Starbucks than at a betting window.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:15 PM
 
911 posts, read 381,270 times
Reputation: 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
Yes, but one will work far harder at Starbucks than at a betting window.
Harder makes the day go faster though. Plus smoky in sportsbooks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:55 PM
 
Location: North Las Vegas
85 posts, read 65,072 times
Reputation: 184
Please never let that go away, one must smoke while managing his drinks, bets and other activities whilst chasing the dream .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:05 PM
 
911 posts, read 381,270 times
Reputation: 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthp223 View Post
Please never let that go away, one must smoke while managing his drinks, bets and other activities whilst chasing the dream .
I don't mind it in casinos but many people prefer breathing smoke-less air... especially if it's 8 hours a day. Just something to consider in evaluating the job options.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top