U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2021, 06:55 PM

9,720 posts, read 3,309,254 times

Advertisements

We ventured out to Jaleo at the Cosmopolitan. Excellent, as always. We had the Restaurant Week tasting menu (a portion donated to charity).

Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 07:47 PM

937 posts, read 874,711 times
Looks yummy and it's great that a portion is donated to charity. Did you both get enough to eat? Looks like you are showing more than what one person gets.

Old 06-11-2021, 09:52 AM

324 posts, read 135,055 times
I also went out for Restaurant Week. I did Firefly on Paradise.
$30 for dinner. Here are my pics. (Unfortunately, my table mates
were hungry and devoured part of the appetizers before we got
the pictures.) I also had the apple manchego salad which isn't pictured.
Good value, great service, and we had a lot of paella leftover. The
portion would easily serve two adults.
Mariza
Attached Thumbnails
Dinner at Jaleo (Cosmopolitan)-firefly1.jpg   Dinner at Jaleo (Cosmopolitan)-firefly2.jpg   Dinner at Jaleo (Cosmopolitan)-firefly3.jpg   Dinner at Jaleo (Cosmopolitan)-firefly4.jpg   Dinner at Jaleo (Cosmopolitan)-fireflyrw.jpg  

Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
Looks yummy and it's great that a portion is donated to charity. Did you both get enough to eat? Looks like you are showing more than what one person gets.
It was just the right amount of food. It is in the "tapas" style - numerous small plates. One of the reasons we like Restaurant Week is that participating restaurants all donate some of the proceeds to Las Vegas Three Square Food Bank (we've volunteered for them over the years).

We each were served a plate of these Pan con Tomate con Conchego (so 2 plates, a total of 4 items for the two of us). Very tasty:

We each were served a plate of these Croquetas do Pollo (so 2 plates, a total of 4 items for the two of us). Melt in your mouth!

This is the Cono de Tomate that I forgot to post - tomato marmalade with goat cheese. We each had one. These were fantaaaaastic.

Mrs. RationalExpectations had this salad of sauted spinach with raisins, pine nuts & apples:

I had the sliced apple & fennel salad with Manchego cheese and walnuts with sherry dressing:

Mrs. RationalExpectations had the shrimp & garlic, but had already eaten about half before she remembered to take a photo:

And I had the grilled chicken with black garlic, and had eaten about a third before Mrs. RationalExpectations took the photo:

We each had a plate of the flan, for a total of two. You can see Mrs. RationalExpectations took a bite out of hers before remembering to take the photo.

We also had a pitcher of Cava Sangria, which was very refreshing and less sweet than regular Sangria.

Overall, I give it two thumbs up!

Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
I also went out for Restaurant Week. I did Firefly on Paradise.
$30 for dinner. Here are my pics. (Unfortunately, my table mates
were hungry and devoured part of the appetizers before we got
the pictures.) I also had the apple manchego salad which isn't pictured.
Good value, great service, and we had a lot of paella leftover. The
portion would easily serve two adults.
Mariza
I really like Firefly. I'm glad you posted this - I haven't eaten there for several years, so I'll remember to go back.

Several years ago, Firefly expanded with a sister restaurant on Eastern in Henderson. It was quite convenient to us, and we dined there numerous times. Unfortunately, that location was much less than ideal, and they also had a food safety issue at that location. They've put those troubles behind them, and I'm glad the Paradise location is still alive.

Old Today, 01:59 PM

324 posts, read 135,055 times
The hubby and I have Estiatorio Milos (Greek) booked for Monday
and Buddy V's on Friday. I had two more restaurants on my list to
try for Restaurant Week but unsure if we'll make it there or not.
We used to do about 3 for Restaurant Week Philly so if we also
do 3 here, I wouldn't be disappointed. Distances here are a lot closer
so we might be able to make 4 or 5 work as long as our stomachs
can handle it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas