Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM

13 posts, read 39,424 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me the scoop on this city and what the job market is like in the vicinity>

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 12:49 PM

226 posts, read 1,006,270 times
I would like to know as well. We are currently living in Reno, NV but are considering a move to Henderson when our finances allow!

The things I like about Henderson is that its like Vegas without the crime of Vegas, right? At least according to City-Data's statistics, it is; they say Henderson is lower than the national average in almost every category of crime!

I find this somewhat hard to believe because Henderson is like right there next to Vegas but at the same time statistics can't lie!

So more info on Henderson would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,030,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncolwell View Post
what the job market is like
Might be an opening for an ice cream truck driver.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:32 PM

713 posts, read 2,712,359 times
I just don't get this whole story. Did the husband get ticketed for speeding and running the stop sign? How did his wife know to show up there, dragging the kids? How was there time for this? Did the husband cause problems to allow time for the wife to arrive at the scene?

Yeah, I always jump out of my ice cream truck waving a knife. I say this in humor but on the other hand, in a large city, I could understand the lady having a knife in her possession, if she did have one. I would carry a gun though...just my preference.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:43 PM

285 posts, read 783,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCiEtY's ReBel View Post
I would like to know as well. We are currently living in Reno, NV but are considering a move to Henderson when our finances allow!

The things I like about Henderson is that its like Vegas without the crime of Vegas, right? At least according to City-Data's statistics, it is; they say Henderson is lower than the national average in almost every category of crime!

I find this somewhat hard to believe because Henderson is like right there next to Vegas but at the same time statistics can't lie!

So more info on Henderson would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance!
Henderson is essentially indistinguishable from Las Vegas much the same way Sparks is indistinguishable from Reno. I can guess the lower crime rate has to do with the fact that the upscale area known as "Geen Valley" accounts for a good portion of the population. As in most upscale/suburban areas, crime tends to be lower.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,114,276 times
See...

Crime in Las Vegas

You will discover that Henderson is simply an outlying suburb and has the low crime of most higher income outlying suburbs. Get rid of the poor people and crime goes down...

Old 05-13-2008, 11:30 AM

13 posts, read 39,424 times
Default Henderson

Could someone give me a good estimate of housing costs and such? I would be buying a small 2BR house.....thanks

Old 05-13-2008, 11:52 AM

Houses start around 200K and go up from there. 2BRs is very rare in an SFR. You can get condos down to $125K or so.

There are distressed places or areas that are cheaper than those numbers.

This presumes you meant in Henderson.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:25 PM

226 posts, read 1,006,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
See...

Crime in Las Vegas

You will discover that Henderson is simply an outlying suburb and has the low crime of most higher income outlying suburbs. Get rid of the poor people and crime goes down...
Can you give me specific information about crime rates in and around The Paseo Del Prado apartment complex.

Paseo Del Prado - 740 E. Warm Springs | Apartments.com

They are in the 89015 zip code which is yellow on your map so that is one of the second best areas, right?

The exact address is 740 E Warm Springs; is this really Henderson or is it Las Vegas? Because it says its in Vegas on Apartments.com but when I google the 89015 zip it says that zip code is Henderson!

Also their apartments are very affordable compared to other places in Henderson (according to Apartments.com a 1 bedroom rents for $584 a month). This is esp. what caught my attention since my wife and I are parents/college students on a very tight budget!

So all that being said, would anyone reccomend the apartments and is E Warm Springs, in specific, a safe area?

Old 05-13-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCiEtY's ReBel View Post
Can you give me specific information about crime rates in and around The Paseo Del Prado apartment complex.

Paseo Del Prado - 740 E. Warm Springs | Apartments.com

They are in the 89015 zip code which is yellow on your map so that is one of the second best areas, right?

The exact address is 740 E Warm Springs; is this really Henderson or is it Las Vegas? Because it says its in Vegas on Apartments.com but when I google the 89015 zip it says that zip code is Henderson!

Also their apartments are very affordable compared to other places in Henderson (according to Apartments.com a 1 bedroom rents for $584 a month). This is esp. what caught my attention since my wife and I are parents/college students on a very tight budget!

So all that being said, would anyone reccomend the apartments and is E Warm Springs, in specific, a safe area?
Apartments are terribly dependent on local management which changes all the time. The only way to really tell is to show up on a Sat or Sun and ask everybody how they like it.

The area is high density middle middle. Lots of young folk with pick ups. I would think fine on crime and such. May have problems with loud parties etc. but that is true of any neighborhood infested by the young.

So the area is fine. The complex itself you will have to evaluate some other way or take your chances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas