U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 03:37 PM

220 posts, read 522,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Perhaps, call an exterminator company to come out & look your house over when your back in town, before you sleep there.
Good idea, although I have a feeling it will be a high-pressure sales job to sign up for service. I never had a pest problem there in 25 years. Just one time ant problem because I left out pet food once. They said they wouldn't do a one-time service unless I signed up. Not sure if they are all like that, but I am not interested in a service contract.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjambalaya View Post
My god. I've always said that houses in vegas deteriorate like nothing I've ever seen, cant imagine 4 years of neglect.

There's going to be a lot on insects from dried out U bends etc. Id second the call to have an exterminator on hand. I'd probably have the number of an emergency plumber on hand too, because one you get the water flowing dried out washers etc might fail.

I guess being a townhouse you'll have been protected to a certain extend by the houses on either side of you, but anything like open fire flues will have acted as a lovely conduit to moths and various other insects over the YEARS.
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm going to walk into... I had the interior remodeled some years back, and where the fireplace used to be, we drywalled over it to be able to utilize the wall space. Gas fireplaces are just useless in my opinion, and we re-routed the gas to the patio for a grill. So any bugs would be inside the wall.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCaNv View Post
^ Yes!
THAT is my nightmare!

Old 06-22-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Ran into it in a very nice home in Summerlin. Had been vacant for a year due to some family hassle. I went in with the inspector after my clients offer was accepted.

The house was fine except one problem. Had a least a few thousand scorpions. All young and small but in virtually every crack in the house.

We and the seller agreed to cancel the transaction. The seller then had the home tented to kill them off.
OMG! Even if I never saw a scorpion in 25 years? And also, my rolling shutters are very tight, there is no room for anything to crawl in. Last time I was gone for a while, when I returned, there was literally no dust inside, and no spiderwebs. I was shocked. Scorpions never even crossed my mind....how do they get in?

Old 06-22-2021, 04:06 PM

222 posts, read 115,409 times
https://www.ksl.com/article/268346/7...gden-townhouse

Old 06-22-2021, 04:13 PM

5,715 posts, read 10,154,099 times
This sounds like it should be a pay per view event, get Geraldo to host it!

Old 06-22-2021, 06:21 PM

952 posts, read 415,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
This sounds like it should be a pay per view event, get Geraldo to host it!
I bet one of the Youtubers would cover it live. That would be awesome!

Old 06-22-2021, 07:06 PM

Haha...any volunteers???

Old 06-22-2021, 08:15 PM

8,299 posts, read 7,770,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpa2d2 View Post
Good idea, although I have a feeling it will be a high-pressure sales job to sign up for service. I never had a pest problem there in 25 years. Just one time ant problem because I left out pet food once. They said they wouldn't do a one-time service unless I signed up. Not sure if they are all like that, but I am not interested in a service contract.
Call around. Just tell them you’ll be selling it so they don’t even try to sell you a service plan.

Old 06-23-2021, 12:16 PM

4,932 posts, read 9,983,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
I bet one of the Youtubers would cover it live. That would be awesome!
Ya know... This YouTuber Not Leaving Las Veags would probably really film it for his channel.
https://youtu.be/mEClkiDv3ts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas