U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 03:06 PM

1,028 posts, read 966,739 times

Advertisements

The problem is, this is not a static situation, it's dynamic, i.e constantly changing. We learn new things about Covid and the Delta variant every day. Now it is know vaccinated people can get it and pass it on to others. I'm fully vaccinated and don't want to get it, so I'm wearing a mask again. I'm not extremely worried that I will get very sick or die (though that can still happen), but I don't want to get even slightly ill from Covid because I'm concerned about what is not known about what it can do over a long period of time (long haulers). I also don't want to be responsible for giving it to anyone, vaccinated or not. A real concern is new variants and how much worse this can get. People who don't do what they can to help stop it are contributing to it's ongoing evolution. You're either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 11:16 PM

1,512 posts, read 4,423,502 times
Looks like the protest happened:
https://news3lv.com/news/local/prote...t-mask-mandate

Old 08-01-2021, 11:52 AM

386 posts, read 186,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
I realize I can't see all the protestors but it looks like about 75-100 people.

Read on a local page there are 1,000 peeps in hospitals in the Valley due to Covid.

Covid - 1
Protestors - 0

Old 08-04-2021, 01:07 AM
Status: "We no longer live in a free country." (set 6 days ago)

10,403 posts, read 23,686,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
If you want to protest against the unvaccinated, I'd join that protest.
This will continue until everyone vaxes or gets COVID.

Guess you will have to protest me. Not getting the vax. I am still messed up from last year when I had covid, too many health issues to count, plus underlying health conditions. I feel that if I get the vax, I will be gone. Although I do not think anyone would miss me much. I started wearing the mask, as the old shield got so bent out of shape, I looked like a homeless welder. Now that I have the thing that goes under the mask to breathe, it makes it a bit easier. But i mostly stay home and long for 2019 days and before, when life was normal.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:01 PM

496 posts, read 373,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Not getting the vax. I am still messed up from last year when I had covid, too many health issues to count, plus underlying health conditions.

I have Crohn's disease, Celiac disease and I'm a type 1 diabetic. I got the Pfizer vaccine and had almost zero issues. Almost everyone I've met has only had mild symptoms. I'm not trying to force it on you or anyone else, but why not get it? The alternative could be lying in a hospital bed suffering until you die.
The Delta variant is no joke.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:05 AM

143 posts, read 86,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
I have Crohn's disease, Celiac disease and I'm a type 1 diabetic. I got the Pfizer vaccine and had almost zero issues. Almost everyone I've met has only had mild symptoms. I'm not trying to force it on you or anyone else, but why not get it? The alternative could be lying in a hospital bed suffering until you die.
I too had zero effect from the Pfizer and normally I have a reaction to the flu shot, but I did not even have a sore arm.
I have had Crohn's since I was 13, a resection at the Mayo when I was 14, now 59. I would be interested to know how you control your Crohn's. I take zero Pharmaceuticals and only use Cannabis which is legal here in Las Vegas.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:30 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,205,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Not getting the vax. I am still messed up from last year when I had covid, too many health issues to count, plus underlying health conditions.
You should get the antibody test. Chances are you are immune to Covid-19, although you might only have limited immunity to the Delta variant, or any other variant, for that matter, that will occur--the same as those of us who've had the vaccine.

They have to come up with a new vaccine to flu every year because it mutates, probably will have to do the same with Covid.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
You should get the antibody test. Chances are you are immune to Covid-19, although you might only have limited immunity to the Delta variant, or any other variant, for that matter, that will occur--the same as those of us who've had the vaccine.

They have to come up with a new vaccine to flu every year because it mutates, probably will have to do the same with Covid.

I heard about that test. Insurance does not cover it, unless they changed that by now. I will ask my new doctor on my new insurance plan as soon as I ever get to see him/her.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post

I know you all mean well, but the problems I have, I will not be getting the vax. I still cannot breathe normally after 1 1/2 years later. I do not want to take the chance. There is no bringing people back from the dead. Not yet anyway. My husband couldn't stand it when I was in the hospital last year for a week from a blood clot related to Covid, so he would probably freak out worse if I left this world for good.

Old 08-07-2021, 01:41 PM

3,588 posts, read 4,564,690 times
I've read that people with long-Covid have their symptoms improve after getting the vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas