Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 07:14 PM

355 posts, read 213,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Yeah that's good if you ask me. Tired of having to cater to people who won't get it. If this is how you keep something at full capacity and give those of us who got the shot an advantage I'm all for it. I'm sure they would have liked to be more direct but such is the world we live in where we have to dance around to keep it legal.
Since you and everyone else who has been vaccinated can still contract and transmit the disease, you should be pushing for continued social distancing, not full capacity venues. If you get the dreaded malady, it won't make any difference whether it comes from a vaccinated or unvaccinated person. You won't get a more annoying version of the virus from someone who is unvaccinated. Do you think that if more people were vaccinated, we would be able to go back to 100% capacity and no masks? If that were the case, San Francisco, where 75% of people have been vaccinated - reaching "herd immunity" - would be fully open and mask-free right now. Remember when you couldn't go two minutes without hearing the phrase "herd immunity"? Notice how you haven't heard that term term in months now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 09:37 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCaNv View Post
Since you and everyone else who has been vaccinated can still contract and transmit the disease, you should be pushing for continued social distancing, not full capacity venues. If you get the dreaded malady, it won't make any difference whether it comes from a vaccinated or unvaccinated person. You won't get a more annoying version of the virus from someone who is unvaccinated. Do you think that if more people were vaccinated, we would be able to go back to 100% capacity and no masks? If that were the case, San Francisco, where 75% of people have been vaccinated - reaching "herd immunity" - would be fully open and mask-free right now. Remember when you couldn't go two minutes without hearing the phrase "herd immunity"? Notice how you haven't heard that term term in months now?
If I was afraid of catching it I wouldn't have been doing a lot of things over the last year. If I were in charge I wouldn't have any of these restrictions and tell the unvaccinated do what you please at your own risk, you have been warned and offered a jab. Since that won't make some happy I think the next best thing is to create a two class situation that encourages more jabs. Saying let's go back to social distancing is exactly the wrong way to do it, it's completely reverses the incentives to do what's best for society as a whole.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:17 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
It is amazing since all the things in your comment are things we have been preached to for the last year (guidance from the CDC and the like).

And now the Governor is clearly talking out of both sides of his mouth. It's gone from flattening the curve, masking, social distancing, and avoiding crowds to the idiocy of this comment ...."I hope people feel reassured about attending an event where everyone is vaccinated.". Just f..king brilliant. The Governor has clearly decided he no longer needs to "follow the science" and is just making up his own rules as he goes.

And Vegas is certainly not out of the woods yet as far as cases and hospitalizations. But hey, just get that damn shot. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
If I was afraid of catching it I wouldn't have been doing a lot of things over the last year. If I were in charge I wouldn't have any of these restrictions and tell the unvaccinated do what you please at your own risk, you have been warned and offered a jab. Since that won't make some happy I think the next best thing is to create a two class situation that encourages more jabs. Saying let's go back to social distancing is exactly the wrong way to do it, it's completely reverses the incentives to do what's best for society as a whole.
Interesting. Create two classes of people, pit them against each other, and say it's for the common good.

I think I've seen this movie before. Would you make us wear stars on our lapels, arm bands, or would you be tattooing numbers on our arms?

Old 08-19-2021, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Interesting. Create two classes of people, pit them against each other, and say it's for the common good.

I think I've seen this movie before. Would you make us wear stars on our lapels, arm bands, or would you be tattooing numbers on our arms?
Yep, nothing short of cult-like thinking.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Yep, nothing short of cult-like thinking.
From the people that spent four years calling the former administration Nazis. Ironic, huh?

Old 08-19-2021, 06:41 AM

224 posts, read 164,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
Well, our esteemed Governor is going to say (and possibly already has) "Don't want things to get shut down?? Then we need to make the jab a requirement". Interesting though, Isreal with one of the highest vaccination rates, also has one of the highest CV infection rates. https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...cinated-people
Also interesting is that they are going to have the jab centers located outside the stadium, in case you haven't been "fully" vaccinated. These have to be the J&J shots right? Since J&J is the only "one shot" vaxx out there, and all the others would be deemed " incomplete vaccinations", therefore denying you entry into the stadium. And that vaccine might get you into Allegiant maskless, but what about other places that are still requiring the mask regardless of vaxx status?
What I'd really like to know is if there was some "incentive" (cough cough) given to the Raiders by our esteemed Governor for the shot requirement. Things that make you go "hmmmm???"

Sidenote ... my teenage son, who attends Foothill HS mentioned yesterday that the whole school was given Chromebooks. What did he tell me? (he's catching on pretty well, btw) "Mom, I think the schools are getting ready to shut down again".

Every state is different but I’m in NJ and teachers have been bit*hing since July not wanting to come back having full classes and lunches here. We can’t do the silly 3 feet apart requirement with full classes so I think we are going to go back to hybrid teaching like last year….

And for Raiders, and NFL in general, you will see attendance dip because of this. Again, very silly to think this is protecting people when everyone is still going to have same chance of getting cv. I personally do not trust a rushed and also “new vaccine” as in technology behind it. I’m not going to post long thing about it but with incredibly low death rate of cv plus the absolutely misleading mainstream media and cdc, when a lot of the deaths were people with underlying conditions plus the elderly, yet they act like EVERYONE CAN DIE OF COVAIDS BE IN FEAR it’s just a big lie and scam, governments love having more power, medical industry is fraudulent and doesn’t care about health it’s just a for profit scam like everything else in this world…

Old 08-19-2021, 07:24 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,581,794 times
So here's my question: If I can go to a Raiders game, full capacity, without a mask (since I'm vaxxed) how come I have to wear a mask going into a restaurant serving a couple of dozen people?

Old 08-19-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
So here's my question: If I can go to a Raiders game, full capacity, without a mask (since I'm vaxxed) how come I have to wear a mask going into a restaurant serving a couple of dozen people?
I wouldn't use the Raiders as a yardstick.

Old 08-19-2021, 03:50 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
Quote:

Yeah asking you to get a vaccine to access public places where you could spread a virus is all it takes to have a fascist state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas