U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 03:46 AM

1,120 posts, read 242,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCaNv View Post
This will only get worse as more and more people come to the realization that their vaccines do not work as advertised. There is no "Get vaccinated and get on with your life". I understand that some will be upset; I don't like being sold a bill of goods either. Some on this forum though clearly want to force us to join them in their misery.
The biggest issues I've had with this whole thing from the start is a lack of honesty, transparency, and consistency. And this Raiders thing is just another example.

This Governor stated for the last year how public safety came first and we have to make sure we don't overwhelm the hospitals. And then he incorporates this nonsensical policy with the Raiders that is sure to do the exact opposite of those goals.

And then of course, we have people that simply parrot the nonsense spewed by the media (i.e. 99% of the hospitalized are unvaccinated, it's the pandemic of the unvaccinated) without using an ounce of critical thinking skills to realized how disingenuous the comments are in the narratives they're attempting to paint.

As you said, no one like being sold a bill of goods but that's exactly what happened. Perhaps at some point, these vaccinated people that are so upset will point their fingers where they belong instead of creating their stupid straw man. Admittedly, most of these keyboard warriors talk a good show in the safety of their homes behind a computer. I seriously doubt many would make the comments they do in person.

Last edited by dicipher; 08-20-2021 at 03:54 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 10:52 AM

5,372 posts, read 14,771,029 times
Here's the thing....if you're afraid of catching covid, don't go to the game. It's really quite simple. It's called PERSONAL CHOICE. If you WANT the vax....get it...no one is stopping you. If you want to wear a mask, fine....if you don't, that's fine, too.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Here's the thing....if you're afraid of catching covid, don't go to the game. It's really quite simple. It's called PERSONAL CHOICE. If you WANT the vax....get it...no one is stopping you. If you want to wear a mask, fine....if you don't, that's fine, too.
Doesn't sound like you read the policy implemented by the Raiders, which is the topic of the thread (this isn't about your general feelings about Covid). Your comment has nothing to do with the topic.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:33 PM

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...-game-2424027/

Jeffrey Koonce, father of Raiders rookie defensive end Malcolm Koonce, said he is unable to get vaccinated due to various health issues and he doesn’t want to risk having an adverse reaction.

I can’t get it (the vaccine), so I should be able to get a proper letter from the doctors and tell that I can’t have that vaccine. I don’t see why I can’t be like the under 12-year-olds, if I test negative and wear a mask and come and see my son play.

UNLV Health Law program director David Orentlicher said earlier this week that the Americans With Disabilities Act could come into play if someone has a disability or medical condition that precludes them from being vaccinated.

In such a case, the act calls for “reasonable accommodation,” which could entail allowing those individuals to wear an N95 mask or providing a special section for them to sit, Orentlicher said.

Sounds like another one of those damn anti-vaxxers (see what I did there?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas