Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 02:44 PM

31 posts, read 97,714 times

Advertisements

I have a BA degree and it has been 8 months I have been looking for employment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 03:05 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,054,737 times
and from reading your other posts, I can't for the life of me, understand why employers aren't standing in line to make you the CEO.....

Old 05-17-2008, 03:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,938,170 times
because its ba degree in whining!

Old 05-17-2008, 03:59 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,312,704 times
I'm sure you've been here before and know it is a beautiful city. Most visitors never venture beyond the Strip and that's definately not where it is for me. I love the mountains and all the natural beauty of the city. There is a lot of vitality in LV. unlike the vitality of NY, and the vitality is that of having fun and enjoying the outdoors. And for sure, you know you will be getting much better weather; very little of the humidity and definately none of the winter snow crap and weather. Can't say how much your career will be in demand but have to believe it would be somewhat easy to seque into something similar and being single.....I would definately go for it.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 PM

24 posts, read 142,210 times
I am also a born and raised nyc'er and I love living in Las Vegas (so far.) The food is a good as nyc and I like that, similar to nyc it is pretty diverse culturally speaking. Housing is obviously way more affordable and so is living in general. The biggest culture shock issue for me is the driving- you do have to drive everywhere in this urban sprawl- but, if you live in most places other than nyc, you will probably have to drive (at least the traffic here is not as bad as LA.)

Old 05-18-2008, 05:11 PM

201 posts, read 963,223 times
Fellow NYC-er here. Been here for over a year now and love it. Granted I really dig the outdoor recreation stuff and weather so the move was easy for me. Of course there's no place like NYC and Vegas just doesn't have the same culture or vibe but it does offer decent/close compromises. Dining, entertainment, sports, nightlife, etc. Perhaps one challenge is not having everything within one block but here nothing is too far away either. To me there is no "off" in NYC. Here I can choose to either be in the energy or be away from it and get some peacefullness and quiet.

As far as becoming a home owner. This is the right place at the right time. It's worth a shot especially if you have some friends here. You can always go back to NYC if Vegas isn't for you.

Good luck.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:04 PM

3 posts, read 6,412 times
If I were you I would definitely go. Especially if you already have friends there that can show you the ropes so to speak. My sister lived in Vegas and loved it, she now resides in TN, but that was due to hubby being relocated. Anyhow, if you decide to go I know of an opening for an Attorney position, a friend of mine recruits for that sort of thing, I will get more details from her if you are interested. Otherwise I am sure you shouldn't have any trouble with finding work as an entertainment lawyer! Good Luck!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:05 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,326,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needajobinvegas View Post
I have a BA degree and it has been 8 months I have been looking for employment.
A BA? Well---- that's the problem. Next application list your education as a GED, or perhaps an on-line degree from an unaccredited institution. This will certainly result in a bonding with HR, and give you that "edge" to get hired.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:06 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,326,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesmithjanesmith View Post
I am also a born and raised nyc'er and I love living in Las Vegas (so far.) The food is a good as nyc and I like that, similar to nyc it is pretty diverse culturally speaking. Housing is obviously way more affordable and so is living in general. The biggest culture shock issue for me is the driving- you do have to drive everywhere in this urban sprawl- but, if you live in most places other than nyc, you will probably have to drive (at least the traffic here is not as bad as LA.)
You are ABSOLUTELY the first person that has ever posted the food in LV is as good as NYC.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:39 AM

5 posts, read 13,674 times
Default Dont Move here!!

I hope that you decide to stay in New York, it really is not a good place to live here, I can give you more info if you would like, I have lived here 4 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas