Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 10:32 AM

26,171 posts, read 48,888,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
It may appear to Americans that Indians are extremely intelligent. This is a sampling error. Only the top 1% of the top 1% of Indians emigrate to America. The vast majority of Indians in India have zero education and are bound by a caste system that makes achievement impossible.
Sounds a lot like our old sharecropper system . . . just sayin'
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:48 AM

26,171 posts, read 48,888,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
I guess I should add that there is nothing inherently wrong with a blue collar career & lifestyle. There are many highly skilled & highly trained blue collar employees in the skilled trades who are wonderful and honorable people. It takes dedication & commitment to become a master plumber, pipe fitter, electrician, HVAC tech, welder, etc. etc. etc. Skilled trades require their own education & training. In the famous book, "The Millionaire Next Door," the authors point out the profile of a typical millionaire in America is a blue collar skilled tradesman who has opened up his own shop - say, a plumber who now has a half dozen trucks & employees a half-dozen plumbers to go on service calls. And such people work their rear ends off to meet payroll and support the local community.
Love it. I've been saying this for years in online forums. We need places to teach the young ones not only the trade skills but many other issues that go along with running a small business. Building codes, tax laws, zoning codes, keeping the books, hiring, firing, financing a business, waste recycling, etc. My brother in law back east made a good living as a block/brick layer and his 3 brothers all had a trade of their own.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-03-2022 at 01:18 PM..

Old 04-03-2022, 07:08 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,020,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
The bold above is a good thing. It raises the average IQ of our country.

Contrast the Indian elite who immigrate to the US with, say, the unwashed masses who cross the border with impunity from Honduras, El Salvador, Mexico, Guatemala and the like. They are on the other side of the mean with respect to intelligence & human capital.
I disagree. It takes boldness and determination to make the dangerous journey. They will work and save and balance out the entitled trust fund kids who join antifa.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:52 PM

79 posts, read 53,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Sounds a lot like our old sharecropper system . . . just sayin'
do you think the sharecropper system really went away?
"they" (the Super rich) like to change the words.
At the end of the day, we are serving them. 99 Percent of us are in denial on this. I get it. Its all good. I just choose to consume less and beat them that way, a little.

as for the topic, Vegas is definitely not kid friendly. Henderson is much better though. Boulder City is excellent for children too.

Old 04-06-2022, 05:50 PM

7,495 posts, read 3,637,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I disagree. It takes boldness and determination to make the dangerous journey.
But, sadly, far-below-average human capital.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:57 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,383,841 times
The resorts are kid friendly, the school system is not.

Old 04-09-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
The resorts are kid friendly, the school system is not.
)).
Best post of the year nomination.

This city is fun for a season, for sure. Long term, it is a major road block to spiritual and mental health.

The people here are nice for the most part, but very caught up in the material world. They lack education, and think driving a big truck or having a big pool is success.

I am going to miss the sun, lower taxes, and that is about it, when I leave.

Old 04-09-2022, 12:58 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,383,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveborsto12 View Post
)).
Best post of the year nomination.

This city is fun for a season, for sure. Long term, it is a major road block to spiritual and mental health.

The people here are nice for the most part, but very caught up in the material world. They lack education, and think driving a big truck or having a big pool is success.

I am going to miss the sun, lower taxes, and that is about it, when I leave.
Thanks, Steve. I spent most of 2009 there, in a Summerlin condo that I paid 35k for..lots of bad attitudes, and total lack of education. I had a much better time in the fifteen months I spent in a Bullhead City condo, working as a Substitute Teacher, and gambling in Laughlin. Lower taxes and utilities in Wyoming, and a lot more substance, without the New Yawkas. These online sports books have promos never heard of in Nevada. Sun and desert mountainscapes are beautiful..oh, and let's not forget the water crisis. Cheers.

Old 04-09-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Thanks, Steve. I spent most of 2009 there, in a Summerlin condo that I paid 35k for..lots of bad attitudes, and total lack of education. I had a much better time in the fifteen months I spent in a Bullhead City condo, working as a Substitute Teacher, and gambling in Laughlin. Lower taxes and utilities in Wyoming, and a lot more substance, without the New Yawkas. These online sports books have promos never heard of in Nevada. Sun and desert mountainscapes are beautiful..oh, and let's not forget the water crisis. Cheers.
35k wow.
good deal.
its definitely and over rated city with lots of cocky people. just read the people on here, that live in Vegas.

Old 04-11-2022, 03:26 PM

526 posts, read 830,826 times
https://www.discoverykidslv.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas