Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 07:57 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,705,983 times

Advertisements

I want to have a hot water recirculating pump installed. Pure Plumbing quoted me $1,200 after lots of time wasted trying to get me to install a whole new tankless system. I finally got the tech to check out the anode - it and the tank are fine, less than five years old. The anode rod is in pretty good condition considering it's age. It looks to me like it could last longer, but maybe it should be replaced.

They do not quote "parts and labor", it's a total amount for the parts and the labor to install it. The pump costs less than $200, install time is estimated to be two hours. $500/hour for labor? WTF? What a scam!

Please recommend a reasonable and reliable plumbing service in the Seven Hills area.

Last edited by movin1; 01-12-2022 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 09:25 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
I will send you a DM with a few names. I am also in your zip code.

Old 01-12-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Thanks!

Old 01-13-2022, 08:03 AM

7,738 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Is your house plumbed with a loop for a recirc pump? That is, is it just cutting the loop & installing a recirculation pump? That's sounds about a half hour's work.

Old 01-13-2022, 08:53 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,283 times
The recirc pumps I've seen plumbed at the water heater have been plumbed into the lower drain section of the water heater and then into the recirc line coming from the wall. Parts wise you have the pump itself and I've always seen the rest done in copper plus adding a ball valve which the price of copper now depending your exact configuration could easily be $200 in copper pipe, fittings, and the ball valve.

Does seem pricey overall, but something to consider. If they are selling you the recirc pump then they are likely charging significantly more than the price you see online, that's just how trades work selling parts. They might do it if you provide your own pump, but then if it fails it's on you to handle the warranty and potentially pay labor to get it removed, that's all part of why they charge more when they sell the parts.

Old 01-13-2022, 10:18 AM

He was upfront about marking up parts cost and I understand that (I sell audio equipment for home theaters, of course dealers make profit on hardware). He spent about an hour here yesterday going through options and pulled the anode rod to inspect it. I forgot that was also a part that is going to be replaced, he'll drain and flush the tank etc. Overall, he was very nice and professional, and the company gets good Google reviews. I'm going to let him do it today and not spend more time getting other quotes to save a few hundred bucks.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and recommendations!

Old 01-14-2022, 08:58 AM

901 posts, read 1,898,042 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
Thanks to everyone who offered advice and recommendations!
Please share. I live in the same area and would like to know who you used for future reference. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2022, 09:23 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
Please share. I live in the same area and would like to know who you used for future reference. Thanks!
Sent

Old 01-14-2022, 12:06 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
It's okay to use these forums to provide referrals for the various trades. Some exceptions apply:

- Realtor referrals may only be given by the DM method, not in the open forums.
- Realtors may be on this site and post info but not "troll for clients" by urging people to call them. There is a Realtor FAQ in the About the Forum section they should read first and comply with. If they troll for clients in any way we ban them.
- Self promotion by trades people, as this site calls that spam. If a trades person advertises themself we ban them asap.

But if a regular poster, with an established history of good postings, suggests a source of help that is okay. If a newbie 1-post wonder swears that so and so is the greatest fixer upper person we treat that as spam, will delete it and ban the newbie. I once had 3 newbies posting that a certain hair salon was the most awesome place ever but when we checked the IP address they all tracked back to that very salon. All 3 were banned. These days the best source for such things is Next Door, Facebook and Angie's List (depending on what one is seeking).

Any questions can always be directed to one of the Mods or posted in About the Forum.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-31-2022, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 867 times
Quote:
Sent
Can you please send my way as well. I am located in Las Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: