Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 PM

13 posts, read 177,508 times

Advertisements

Okay, so what's the average humidity like? What's the high? Low? I know that it typically is very dry. What's it like in the middle of July (IMO the worst month in Florida)?

I'm from Florida, grew up here, so that's what I'm used to. So anyone who's ever lived here and there to help me compare would be great.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 12:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenRose View Post
Okay, so what's the average humidity like? What's the high? Low? I know that it typically is very dry. What's it like in the middle of July (IMO the worst month in Florida)?

I'm from Florida, grew up here, so that's what I'm used to. So anyone who's ever lived here and there to help me compare would be great.

Thanks!
The 108 was reasonably pleasant on Monday...as the humidity was around 5%. This continues until late June/early July. That is when the temperature tends to peak.

Then the flow of moisture from the south starts and the high temperature drops to the 105 area and the humidity gets up to 20% or so. 105 and 20% is a whole lot less pleasant than 110 and 5%.

It gets hot here in July and August. Though I still prefer 105 and 20% to 90 and 90%. At worst here you never have to actually cut the atmosphere like you do on a good hot southern day.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM

64 posts, read 413,413 times
I'm currently in Houston, TX for a 5 year work project. Before that, I had lived in Las Vegas all my life. I'll take a Vegas 110 degree day over one of Houston's 95 degree days any day!!

Vegas is also pleasent after the sun goes down, even though its hot out. Here in Houston, the humidity is unbearable in the evenings.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:16 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
I've lived in Florida and IMHO there is never anytime in that state that the humidity doesn't make you uncomfortable. You will feel so much better here even in the pouring rain, which fortunately doesn't happen often. But even when it rains it doesn't feel as humid as a "dry" day in Florida. Once you experience a truly dry climate you'll never go back.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I've lived in Florida and IMHO there is never anytime in that state that the humidity doesn't make you uncomfortable. You will feel so much better here even in the pouring rain, which fortunately doesn't happen often. But even when it rains it doesn't feel as humid as a "dry" day in Florida. Once you experience a truly dry climate you'll never go back.
yea i know exactly what that feels like. in my motherland, the philippines, its pretty darn humid too. as soon as you take a shower and walk out, youre sweating all over again. so needless to say humidity sucks. i can bear with the dry heat out here.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyojo View Post
yea i know exactly what that feels like. in my motherland, the philippines, its pretty darn humid too. as soon as you take a shower and walk out, youre sweating all over again. so needless to say humidity sucks. i can bear with the dry heat out here.
Now there's the real difference. Here in the desert sweat drys so fast you think you aren't sweating at all. In West (by God) Virginia, where it is no where near as humid as Florida, or even Washington, DC, for that matter, I would wake up every morning in the summertime soaking wet. Of course we never had A/C.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:24 AM

Another thing you don't usually have here are humidty caused headaches. I had them everyday back east, and none since I came to Nevada.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Now there's the real difference. Here in the desert sweat drys so fast you think you aren't sweating at all. In West (by God) Virginia, where it is no where near as humid as Florida, or even Washington, DC, for that matter, I would wake up every morning in the summertime soaking wet. Of course we never had A/C.
shouldn't that be A byGOD C

Old 05-23-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
shouldn't that be A byGOD C
Yep. Thank ya'll fer pointin atair problem out. We'uns is sorry.

We didn't have no A by God C and still don't.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 PM

1,177 posts, read 459,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1967 View Post

Vegas is also pleasant after the sun goes down, even though its hot out.
Yeah, that's my favorite part. It can be so hot during the day but, as soon as the sun goes down and everything starts to cool down, it's really nice outside.
and no humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas