Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 12:15 AM

1,994 posts, read 4,842,842 times

Advertisements

To my surprise I have seen those small ant size roaches that I have seen here in California also there in Vegas,so yes there are roaches there,but it's nothing like in places with a lot of humidity/rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 10:45 AM

32,755 posts, read 35,956,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
Do you have any data to support this? My research told me the exact opposite. Yes, they have scorpions and, out in the dessert, snakes but not significant. We had way more snakes in my former Northern Cali home and I actually saw scorpions in Arizona but never in Nevada.

All three are rare here. In fact, I have not seen a single one of those three in the year I have lived here.
Somebody has scorpions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=las+...=gws-wiz-video

Old 05-10-2022, 11:51 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,088,766 times
There are a LOT of cockroaches in Las Vegas...fortunately, the majority of them live in the tunnels under the city!

Okay, on to the ACTUAL bugs mentioned...LV had fewer bugs than just about anywhere else I've lived...at least from my personal observation.

Old 05-10-2022, 02:40 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,622,773 times
When we visited relatives in LV, we saw huge flying roaches outdoors after dark. They were running all over the sidewalks and other places when we returned from outings late in the evening. None in their apartment though.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:19 AM

3 posts, read 3,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
When we visited relatives in LV, we saw huge flying roaches outdoors after dark. They were running all over the sidewalks and other places when we returned from outings late in the evening. None in their apartment though.
When you say they are running all over the sidewalks etc outside at night, how bad of a situation is it like? Is it only certain areas that are like that or is it a situation where basically going out at night anywhere in the Las Vegas region you are more likely than not going to be encountering the big flying ones?

Old 05-11-2022, 09:37 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,622,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandelionCat View Post
When you say they are running all over the sidewalks etc outside at night, how bad of a situation is it like? Is it only certain areas that are like that or is it a situation where basically going out at night anywhere in the Las Vegas region you are more likely than not going to be encountering the big flying ones?
Our relatives live in Henderson, in a very nice gated community (so the roaches couldn’t be attributed to run-down conditions), and that’s where we saw them every night and had to dodge them. Also visited someone in Vegas proper (detached family home, not apartment) a few times and did not see them there, though they may have been hiding. Downtown LV, in the touristy areas, I didn’t see any.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:52 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,239,148 times
If you walk at night you will see a lot of roaches and black widows-especially around rosemary plants. I don't spray for bugs, but I do put out Terro roach baits. I've never seen a scorpion, but my MIL had a problem with them until she sealed every nook and cranny. I see people in my area post on Nextdoor about finding snakes but we are are on the outskirts so bugs and other creatures are to be expected.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:12 AM

10 posts, read 5,239 times
If you don't clean the kitchen you could get roaches
More of an issue are Brown Recluse Spiders and Black Widows

Old 06-10-2022, 01:16 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,054,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970AMX View Post
If you don't clean the kitchen you could get roaches
More of an issue are Brown Recluse Spiders and Black Widows
How much of an issue are spiders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: