Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2022, 12:03 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,288,395 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

I’m going to spend a few days in LV just before Christmas and would like to hit some jazz clubs, if any. I’m not talking about big rooms, but smaller clubs, or perhaps hotel bars that have jazz acts. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 05:55 AM

228 posts, read 196,873 times
The Smith Center has Myron's Jazz Cabaret. It seats about 200. The floor tables are 4 seaters, while the upper-level tables seat 2. We prefer the upper level. They always have something good.
The boxed food they offer used to be great, but after the pandemic, I think they changed caterers.
We have seen Jane Monheit, Ben Vereen, Julie Budd, JD Souther, Frankie Moreno (not to be confused with Frank Morino), and others. It is one of our favorite places. Smith Center, has 3 different venues, Reynolds Hall, Myron's Jazz Cabaret, and Troesh.
Frankie Moreno puts on an excellent show and plays at different venues throughout Vegas. Looks like he will be in Indiana for most of December.

Old 11-03-2022, 12:44 PM

82 posts, read 203,602 times
For jazz in LV, Uli G‘s the man. His current lair is the Gambit:

https://gambithenderson.com/henderso...nderson-events

Old 11-03-2022, 01:18 PM

1,626 posts, read 1,710,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltman View Post
For jazz in LV, Uli G‘s the man. His current lair is the Gambit:

https://gambithenderson.com/henderso...nderson-events
Thanks! I've been in Vegas for about 4 years and never heard of it. 8 miles from my house and looks like my kind of place.

I heard these guys in a lounge many years ago before I moved here: http://www.thebrothersali.com/

Does anyone know where they are now? They are excellent musicians and were playing smooth jazz (Fourplay, etc) when I saw them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkYy_8_CF4

Last edited by movin1; 11-03-2022 at 01:53 PM..

Old 11-04-2022, 09:03 AM

228 posts, read 196,873 times
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, will be here at the Orleans, Saturday, November, 12th, 2022. Check them out on Youtube. Swing, Big band, era. I have not seen them live, but can't wait. (tickets are cheap)
One of the most underrated performers, but puts on a heck of a show, is Harry Connick Jr. We saw him twice at the Encore/Wynn. I'm not a huge fan of his acting, BUT!, as a jazz performer, he is excellent!
Gail Pettis is a West coast performer. I E-mailed her, asking her to perform in Vegas. I really did not expect a reply, but she personally responded, still have the e-mail. She said, "Dear James. Thank you for such a nice note! I would love to come to Vegas sometime but have been told there is not a lot of jazz. Thank you for mentioning the Smith Center Jazz Cabaret. That would be a good place for me to start my research in looking for venues. Again, thank you for your nice words; Thank you so much for taking time to write."
Gail
Write the artist and ask them to come. Buy their CDs. I have pictures with Julie Budd, Steve Tyrell, and Jane Monheit along with their autographed CDs. They are my true treasures.
When Ben Vereen was at the Jazz Cabaret, he brought up young students of the arts. He sang, Stand By Me, but changed the words to "Stand Up For the Arts". He will be here from June 9th-11th 2023. He is 76 years old but, will have you on your feet. We both said it was the best show we have ever seen in Vegas, and we have seen a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: