Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:51 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyjnny View Post
Here prop taxes are about 10,000/year. Water,sewer,garbage sets us back 180 every 3 months.
WOW! That is quite a bit! Well, my property taxes are 1450 a year, and sewer is 54 a quarter and garbage is 35 a quarter and my water is about 100 in the summer (large lawn) and 20-30 in other months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 AM

98 posts, read 318,052 times
Much cheaper than here for sure! We are in a growing community and the taxes are just killer here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
WOW! That is quite a bit! Well, my property taxes are 1450 a year, and sewer is 54 a quarter and garbage is 35 a quarter and my water is about 100 in the summer (large lawn) and 20-30 in other months.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 5,196 times
Default ...

ummm.. i have no idea what that guy is talking about... our union electricians out here in vegas make 39$ an hour. or formans make 42.50 i believe and gf 45+/hr..

i start my the apprenticeship program this year and i start at 50% which is 19.50$ an hour.......soo yea.. they do make alot more. this 20+/- thing has me like what are u talking about...

Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 AM

51 posts, read 187,647 times
Hey Shane, how long after your interview were you notified of being accepted and when did you have your interview? My wife and I tried to transfer in From FL but Vegas does not take transfers without applying and then interviewing. If we are accepted they will credit us for our hours. We flew out and applied in March and are waiting for our interview dates, supposedly in July or August, then we will fly out and interview and move out shortly after no matter what happens. Our allergies are horrible in FL, non-existant there and the wages and working conditions in FL absolutely suck! We are in first semester of 3rd year but get 2nd year pay and have 2nd year hours since our school is year round by the way. I have a 95.9 and she has a 97.2 avg. for our first 2 years, hope we get in, it would be the best thing that ever happened to us both.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:00 PM

So are there residential electrician jobs there? We love the idea of moving to Nevada but the economy scares me.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM

Residential? I don't think so and if there was, the pay would be low. Commercial, yes, both union and non-union. However, your husband would be doing himself and your family a great injustice if he did not go talk to the hall if you move to Vegas. The journeyman scale + benefits has got to be the highest in the country when you factor in the cost of living compared to other higher scale locals. The local organizes non-union each week and they may have a spot for him as an apprentice depending on his knowledge and skills. He may be able to start higher than first year pay too.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the info. Do they have a website by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfbh View Post
Residential? I don't think so and if there was, the pay would be low. Commercial, yes, both union and non-union. However, your husband would be doing himself and your family a great injustice if he did not go talk to the hall if you move to Vegas. The journeyman scale + benefits has got to be the highest in the country when you factor in the cost of living compared to other higher scale locals. The local organizes non-union each week and they may have a spot for him as an apprentice depending on his knowledge and skills. He may be able to start higher than first year pay too.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:16 PM

Las Vegas Local I.B.E.W. 357

Their Apprenticeship Electrical JATC of Southern Nevada. Training the electricians of tommorrow today!

Current wage and benefits breakdown International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

Just a few union jobs!Vegas High-Rise Construction Stats

357's agreement from 03-06. Scale is lower but it gives you an idea of how things work. OT,shift differential etc. etc. National Electrical Contractors Association, Southern Nevada Chapter (Inside Construction Agreement – Southern Nevada Chapter) and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 357 (2003)

Old 06-25-2008, 05:55 PM

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfbh View Post

Old 06-25-2008, 06:02 PM

Any growth going on residentially?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas