Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 03:08 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by needrain View Post
\ My husband says there are so many thieves who are customers at Costco. I heard there are a lot of Christians in COS and I love the mountains so much, so that is why I want to move there. Sorry so pessimistic, but if I ever get to leave here, I will never come back.
I do KINDA resent that.....my wife and I shop at Costco and we are NOT thieves....as far as Christians and COS.....maybe so.....lots of em here too...probably more then COS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 03:19 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Yes, and I would like to know if the OP has ever taken her kids to a pool or beach-plenty of "goods" to see there!
Im the OP of this thread and Im not a female,Im a 16 year old male.So I don't know what this post even means,what do you mean by this post?I'd also like to know why my thread is getting off topic?

Last edited by CTownNative; 06-11-2008 at 03:29 PM..

Old 06-11-2008, 06:38 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Im the OP of this thread and Im not a female,Im a 16 year old male.So I don't know what this post even means,what do you mean by this post?I'd also like to know why my thread is getting off topic?
I think kimba mistook needrain for you. It's inevitable that someone comes on here ranting about how strippers walk down the street with their good hanging out or that everyone here is addicted to crack. I'm exaggerating obviously, but not much more than the Vegas bashers. As such many of us feel the need to rebut and defend our city from common misconception or ridiculous stereotype. Your questions were pretty well answered on the first page.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,873 times
Quote:
She was talking to needrain.

You haven't done anything wrong. We just have a lot of bashers who like to hang around the Vegas forum.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:00 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:

Oops. I am so sorry, I had the wrong person! Carry on...

Old 06-12-2008, 03:37 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needrain View Post
Both of you are not addressing the real issues of living here. It's not a clean place and you know it. First of all, you guys like it here in sin city. I know some Christians personally in COS and they don't see prostitution in their face there. People will break the law everywhere but the problem here is, in some parts, it is not against the law. I just hate the fact that the goverment promotes wickedness and I'm tired of it. For example, I had to go pick up friends from the airport and what a shock that was. I'm trying to find a spot while waiting, where my 4 year old won't have to look at smut , and I couldn't. Now, I know to wait outside. I'm tired of it. I guess I am from another culture where women are respected and children are protected and I'm certainly not going to change Las Vegas. Since, for the time being, it still is a free country, I will choose to go somewhere else.
You are referring to the strip or fremont street with your generalizations. The entire city is not like that and you know it. I live in a nice clean neigborhood far from the strip. We don't have "smut" on billboards over here.
And i've been to the airport and never noticed the things you seem to see. Good luck on your move out of LV. I hope you find some place you actually like someday.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM

35 posts, read 114,871 times
[quote=radraja;4046292]I've tried looking into this a bit for you.

Areas to look at would include the southwest, the northwest, and Henderson.

- This is a convenient part of town too, as hopping on the 215 can take you to UNLV easily.

-The far northwest corner is likely the most affordable of the 3, but also the longest drive from downtown/the college campus/etc. This area is pretty nice. Very family friendly, if that's what you're interested in.

The southwest to UNLV is an absolutely awful commute on 215, at least during rush hour. It is always jammed up from about Buffalo to Decatur. You do eventually get where you're going, but patience is called for.

From the far northwest, taking the long way by going on 95 all the way isn't too bad. Now that the construction around Summerlin Parkway is done, traffic moves much more smoothly.

Granted, this could all change whenever they complete the construction on the 215, but right now, it's ugly.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:03 PM

35 posts, read 114,871 times
Quote:
Sounds good,thanks for all the information.I actually did a little research myself and these zip codes look like thier the most diverse.89101,89106,89108,89110,89115,89030,89031, and 89032.Do you know anything about these zip codes?
Most of those zips are higher crime and more run down areas. The further out from the center of town the better - when you get out to 89031 and 89032, it's not so bad.

For example, I grew up in the 89108 area - in the 60's and 70's. Pretty much all areas over 30 years old are a little rough around the edges, to say the least. 89106 is close to an area of high gang activity, if I remember right - around Lake Mead and MLK (though that may actually be 89030 - not looking at a map right now).

89110 and 89115 being near Nellis have a mix of military and not-so-savory characters running around.

89031 started getting built up in the early 90's, so it isn't as run down as some of the others.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:30 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planning4someday View Post
The southwest to UNLV is an absolutely awful commute on 215, at least during rush hour. It is always jammed up from about Buffalo to Decatur. You do eventually get where you're going, but patience is called for.

Granted, this could all change whenever they complete the construction on the 215, but right now, it's ugly.[/color]
Yeah. The 215 is a bit rough at the moment, but they're almost done adding new lanes, after which it will be a breeze.

Either way, I think most college students finish class in the early afternoon, long before rush hour.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:56 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
needrain - rotflmao - get a life.... all the bashers have a VERY low reputation number.. smut is everywhere, prostitution is illegal in vegas, and it can be seen on the internet also.... so i guess the internet is offlimits too.. you need to teach kids good from bad, thats all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas