Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 AM

66 posts, read 137,558 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone else saw this on the news. It was so good I just couldn't contain myself.

A few months ago they had this big thing about bump keys and the news guy was going to demonstrate how easy it was to use the key to bump a lock. So all day they were saying he was going to do it live.

Well the time comes and it's the top of the news and the guy starts trying. He starts bumping the lock with the hammer and it doesn't give so he keeps trying and trying and trying on live TV. He is tapping like a madman. Saying it "Sometimes it takes a little time".

So after a few minutes the suspense was killing me. You start to realize that this thing is not going to give but he won't give up. Then I start thinking that this guy knows he looks like a r-tard and he is standing there hitting that key thinking "Oh God please let this work, everyone is watching me live" then as seconds pass he is probably thinking "God I was really serious about needing this to work" then at minute number three he is thinking "Thanks for nothing man" and finally has to turn around and admit defeat.

The suspense of him banging on that key for three minutes was better than any thrillers I have seen in a long time. Hahahahaahahah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 11:19 AM

99 posts, read 416,783 times
Geez, what will they come up with next? I had never heard about this bumping thing, but here's an interesting link on the subject:

YouTube - Lock Bumping and Bump Keys

It's a crazy world, folks.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:43 PM

17 posts, read 42,636 times
I think that's a shill to make people buy new locks...It's all a scam I tell ya!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:53 PM

99 posts, read 416,783 times
Well, I wish it were, but I don't think so...do some research on it, and I think you'll find it is legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethcros View Post
I think that's a shill to make people buy new locks...It's all a scam I tell ya!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:35 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Get a dog. Noisy is the primary requirement. Any of the noisy breeds.

Don't leave home without a house sitter. They cost about the same as kenneling the dog.

Nobody bumps your lock while a thing is snarling up the background.

And they love you...What alarm company does that?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 AM

623 posts, read 1,817,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Get a dog. Noisy is the primary requirement. Any of the noisy breeds.

Don't leave home without a house sitter. They cost about the same as kenneling the dog.

Nobody bumps your lock while a thing is snarling up the background.

And they love you...What alarm company does that?
Only problem with my noisy dog is that she'd lick the intruder to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas