Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:32 AM

638 posts, read 2,244,111 times

Advertisements

I need some advice. On saturday I came home to my apartment to find at least 50 or 60 flies inside my unit and huddled around my sliding door. I freaked out and grabbed roach spray. I got most of them but was busy all afternoon swatting some here and there.

On monday I came home from work and again there were more flies in the same place. I killed them and moved on. Tuesday... same thing but not as many. I have never had this problem before and am a complete germaphobe. I keep myself and my home extrememly clean. In light of the flies I gave everything a once over. I cannot seem to find the source and it is driving me crazy. If it continues on wednesday I am going to lose my mind.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could get rid of these flies once and for all. I will say the woman upstairs lives like a pig, could it be possible they are seeping in from upstairs somehow? Management does not seem to care. They are aware of the problem, but so far have done nothing. Im completely mystified with what is going on. Any help would be great. Luckily, I am moving out of here in the next month, but I cant live like this one more day. I should be asleep right now, but I keep thinking them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 12:47 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Something in your area is attracting them. Maybe your neighbor or something dead. But I'm wondering if there is something else going on too. We like to leave the backdoor open when the weather is nice. The other day I found a bunch of tiny little dead flies on the floor near the door, and several horse flies that were flying around but they died in a short time also.

Speaking of wildlife adventures, this morning there was a baby lizard in my kitchen sink. I can't see anyway he could have gotten in there. I caught him in a paper cup and put him out front with the other lizards. Never saw a baby lizard before.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
With that many flies, there is defiantly something attracting them there. I would suggest if you have a picture phone to take a picture and go to the management office and show them. At that point maybe they will go and take a look upstairs to find out what the problem is. If they do nothing, I would tell management that you are going to call the health department if they do not want to handle the situation. That usually scares them into actually doing something.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:14 PM

638 posts, read 2,244,111 times
They have thinned out tremendously. I think the worst is over.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:46 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
That's freaky about the flies. I remember eons ago, back when in Calif, I came home from work one day and I couldn't get in my house. there were these great big flies, all gathering around my front door and my back door.
I finally shooed them away enough to get in thru the front. They stayed around for about 3 days and then were gone. Never came back. I always wondered what they were there for...nothing dead was near my place, it was always clean, so maybe it was one of those twilight zone kind of things.
Glad your flies flew the coop for you MR.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 AM

990 posts, read 2,557,560 times
As a retire cop, I give you this advise.

NEVER go into the house when there are flies all over the windows !!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
As a retire cop, I give you this advise.

NEVER go into the house when there are flies all over the windows !!!!
Uhh...let me guess... because there is a dead body inside?

Old 06-27-2008, 06:38 PM
MS1

135 posts, read 357,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Uhh...let me guess... because there is a dead body inside?
No, because the flies are snackin' and it would be rude to interrupt them.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:52 PM

100 posts, read 404,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS1 View Post
No, because the flies are snackin' and it would be rude to interrupt them.
Well, I don't want any surprises or flies or spiders, so I called Bug Bully.. yes it is a shameless plug! She is so nice, and is going to treat my house this month prior to us moving in, in Aug. She is wonderful! I highly recommend her, just from talking to her on the phone, and thinking how nice she is, and finding her on this board

Old 06-27-2008, 11:27 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Palm View Post
Well, I don't want any surprises or flies or spiders, so I called Bug Bully.. yes it is a shameless plug! She is so nice, and is going to treat my house this month prior to us moving in, in Aug. She is wonderful! I highly recommend her, just from talking to her on the phone, and thinking how nice she is, and finding her on this board
Well Thank You so Much!!! It was my pleasure, look forward to speaking to you in the future!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas