Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:20 PM

16 posts, read 35,817 times

Advertisements

Does Las Vegas have an upper class? A Las Vegas version of the Kennedys, Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, or such? If so, who are they? What's their histories? Where do they hang?

Or is Las Vegas still too new of a city for it to have such? I heard it only recently got itself a full-time orchestra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 11:23 PM

196 posts, read 920,346 times
steve wynn? howard hughes? supposedly michael jackson these days as well

Old 06-25-2008, 11:31 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
Howard Hughes was incredibly wealthy for the period that he lived in. Was worth over 1 billion way back in the day. That is amazing to me!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talktobrent View Post
steve wynn? howard hughes? supposedly michael jackson these days as well
Howard is long dead, was only in the city for a few years, and left no heirs in the city. Michael Jackson isn't from an established family. I'm not sure about Steve Wynn.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:36 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_Mallard View Post
Howard is long dead, was only in the city for a few years, and left no heirs in the city. Michael Jackson isn't from an established family. I'm not sure about Steve Wynn.
Steve Wynn lives in Las Vegas, but he is no Billionare. Sheldon Adelson is probably the wealthiest that lives in the city if I am right. He should be worth over 26.5 billion.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Steve Wynn lives in Las Vegas, but he is no Billionare. Sheldon Adelson is probably the wealthiest that lives in the city if I am right. He should be worth over 26.5 billion.
According to Forbes Magazine, Steve Wynn is worth 3.9 million. Both are first-generation Las Vegas residents. Self-made men. Admirable but not upper class. Nouveau rich. Now if their children and especially their grandchildren can hold onto the family wealth and stay in Las Vegas, they might become upper class.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:55 PM

638 posts, read 2,242,915 times
Molaskis, Tarkanians... dont know where they hang. Out of my leauge.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,917,193 times
Sam Boyd?

There may not be a lot of big names in Vegas, but there's definitely an upper-class. Just check out neighborhoods such as Tournament Hills, The Ridges, etc. Lots of homes for over 10 million dollars.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:24 AM

623 posts, read 1,816,737 times
Quote:
According to Forbes Magazine, Steve Wynn is worth 3.9 million. Both are first-generation Las Vegas residents. Self-made men. Admirable but not upper class. Nouveau rich. Now if their children and especially their grandchildren can hold onto the family wealth and stay in Las Vegas, they might become upper class.
Does that include his ownership stake of his corporation?

Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
MS1

135 posts, read 357,497 times
Quote:
Dr. Wynn is a modern pioneer that invested quite a bit of intellect and financing in regards to the general development of the "modern" Las Vegas. He and his wife donate millions a year through their foundation, so that should give you a clue as to how much he is worth overall. Even though many of his original concepts were sold to MGM Mirage (which is the dominant corporation on the Strip right now), he still holds his own as Chairman/President and CEO of (I believe it is) Wynn Holdings, Incorporated. I'm willing to guess that the Wynn and the Encore do pretty well all-in-all too....

As for the Wynn Legacy: He does have two daughters (one was involved in a ransom-related kidnapping a few years ago), so it will ultimately be up to them and/or other family members as to what happens in the future.

Last edited by MS1; 06-26-2008 at 01:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: