Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 04:14 AM

1,047 posts, read 717,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
And you didn't bother telling us what restaurant it was. You from Kentucky?
Lived mostly in NYC w a little LA....Since adulthood. I had to run into it again to recall name. I saw it and it is blue hill or blueberry w a blue neon sign. I thought it would be like a decent diner (too used to NYC). But both our breakfast were horrible. Am I limited b/c I live so close to strip? W. Flamingo and Buffalo. * We cant drive all the way to the lovely burbs to eat. Also, went to strip first time since here besides outskirts: Rio....before getting keys to new place. I don't think I can ever go back. Not due to the horriffic tragedy but b/c the parking strutures in some are insane and we lost patience fearing we would have to walk a mile to Virgil's Bar B U in lync hotel. We left parking structure. Glad, b/c we would have been barracaded on that blvd b/c it was that horrible night. The only other Virgils is in NYC and I love it. But usually look for places more reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 04:24 AM

Default Roberto's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest89169 View Post
This is a worthwhile thread to keep going. I'm always interested in new places.

Favorite American Food Restaurant: naked city pizza (wouldn't call it italian)
Favorite Italian Restaurant: Battista's
Favorite Steak House: n9ne
Favorite Mexican Restaurant: Roberto's (sue me)
Favorite Seafood Restaurant: The oyster bar at palace station. Get the pan roast number 7, or higher if you like spicy.
Favorite Chinese Restaurant: China Kitchen LV
Favorite Sushi Restaurant:
Favorite Pub:
Favorite Ice Cream Parlor:
I have to agree. It was crazy cheap and fast - I was very happy. I only got two chicken tacos w cheese. Bc they didn't use typical pico da gio. Sensitive G.I./stomach. But the chicken was marinated and a ton of cheese. I won't sue you ! LA would have charged an extra $5.00 for that cheese. The chicken was shredded not cubed which usually means more flavor.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:27 AM

Default Sw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimm View Post
I had farm basket yesterday, super dumpy place but it kicked KFC in the arse. It was awesome!
I am on W. Flamingo and Buffalo (new here) -- I like your suggestion. Thanks. Do I tell people the intersection I live near like I just did or say Spring Valley? I don't even know if I am IN spring valley. Map indicates yes.

Last edited by fly_me; 10-04-2017 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-04-2017, 04:33 AM

Default me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Another good example of the ignorance of the average human.
Are you referring to me? If you think I was terrible for not mentioning the restaurant it is b/c I didn't recall name. I try to remember to get a card every time. But I told you elsewhere name.
I just moved here and am confused. I have to get a local detailed map. Please don't call me ignorant. I humbly ask for tips. Also, I am female so more sensitive to insults. Thank you kindly.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:09 PM

799 posts, read 704,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
Found a great little hole in the wall Southern Italian. Excellent sauce, closest thing to what I grew up with and the best sauce so far that I've found since I've moved that wasn't made in my kitchen. It's the 'Sicilian Ristorante' on E. Tropicana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY_ME View Post
Will try this. Thanks.
Nickydim....thank you very much for the recommendation! We were on the east side today, and the wife remembered me saying we should try this next time we were out that way. So, we decided to give it a try for lunch. Normally, I don't find restaurant based italian food all that great, but this was delicious, and well worth the trip. The restaurant staff was very very friendly, place was clean, and just in case I missed it, the food was delicious...LOL. Big servings too, we brought back half of each of our meals, which will make a nice dinner tonight.

Fly me...definitely give this place a try. And on your way home, the pinball museum is just about a mile west of there. Dinner and pinball, perfect combination!

Old 10-06-2017, 07:02 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,325,663 times
Carlito's Burritos - New Mexico spin on Mexican food. Catch them at the right time of year and you can buy roasted Hatch chiles on the premises. The roaster is right out front.

Paymon's - Best Mediterranean food that I have found. Some locations also have hookah lounges, if that's your thing.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:42 AM

472 posts, read 375,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
Nickydim....thank you very much for the recommendation! We were on the east side today, and the wife remembered me saying we should try this next time we were out that way. So, we decided to give it a try for lunch. Normally, I don't find restaurant based italian food all that great, but this was delicious, and well worth the trip. The restaurant staff was very very friendly, place was clean, and just in case I missed it, the food was delicious...LOL. Big servings too, we brought back half of each of our meals, which will make a nice dinner tonight.

Fly me...definitely give this place a try. And on your way home, the pinball museum is just about a mile west of there. Dinner and pinball, perfect combination!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you had Louie as your server. He'll provide quite the authentic feel of being back east.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:04 PM

Ok, y'all I am going to try one more time. I am near W. Flamingo and Buffalo. Near Robertos (tacos) and a Smiths.
Anyhow, what I really seek this EVE and many (just moved here) is soul food, or country Southern. I was on the way to Virgils the night of the horrible shooting and thank goodness the parking structure was hell so I left. I don't want to return to the strip. I don't mind Summerlin b/c it is pretty close. Id like to stay ideally within 5 miles. I love all the sides at Virgils not huge on meat but those types of places have the best sides. Does anybody know of anything Southern or Soul food? I asked before and got no reply for this, am I safe to assume this is the whitest place on earth and no soul food? Not over $20 a meal would be great.
Thank you so much! Hungry in Vegas .....

Old 10-31-2017, 09:20 PM

ps
I am going to try farm fresh now. *

It doesn't look like it has a lot of sides I like but I will deal.
It also looks like a 20-minute drive.
Am I in an area known to not have soul food or Southern food?

Old 11-01-2017, 01:08 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,828,630 times
M&M Soul Food Cafe on Charleston and on the Strip. There's another place on south Rainbow and Warm Springs, but I didn't like their fried chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas