Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:14 PM

100 posts, read 404,725 times

Advertisements

I don't like mexican food either! Does that make me racist? It gives me incredible acid reflux.
I am not going to get into an immigration debate as I have had them adnauseaum!
My feeling on this is send them home and make the apply like everyone else! Period! I don't care what country they come from. Nor do I care whether they are productive here.
The rules/laws are here for a reason!

But if you don't like something that doesnt mean it's racist!
I hate sushi too. so what does that say about me?
I just hate raw fish and rice? or I hate asians!
People are to damn sensitive sometimes. Get of the PC crap and just say it if you don't like something! sheeesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 PM

207 posts, read 907,387 times
Yeah, you make that stand in a thread about your favorite places to eat! I want to subscribe to your newsletter which is no doubt laden with non sequitur opinions I have been dying to hear. The twin Deserts for president!

Get that opinion out, how silly of us to debate something as trivial as restaurants in a restaurant thread when there are bigger issues to quash. Viva....oops...Long Live The Deserts!

Old 07-11-2008, 09:41 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Palm View Post
I don't like mexican food either! Does that make me racist? It gives me incredible acid reflux.
I am not going to get into an immigration debate as I have had them adnauseaum!
My feeling on this is send them home and make the apply like everyone else! Period! I don't care what country they come from. Nor do I care whether they are productive here.
The rules/laws are here for a reason!

But if you don't like something that doesnt mean it's racist!
I hate sushi too. so what does that say about me?
I just hate raw fish and rice? or I hate asians!
People are to damn sensitive sometimes. Get of the PC crap and just say it if you don't like something! sheeesh!
exactly, redwhale!

when/how did this become an immigration/race thing?

Old 07-11-2008, 09:41 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,764 times
Yep, just because you do not like something does not mean you are raciest. Just means you do not like it, Plain and Simple!

I love Mexican food (white people, not too spicy). I am married to a half Mexican. Can't tell by his hair color (red). But his father, who was Mexican was here by the law. Not illegally.

Don't eat fish, or sushi. But I love Thai food.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:15 PM

100 posts, read 404,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
exactly, redwhale!

when/how did this become an immigration/race thing?
When?.... When everyone here started piling on Deserst sun on every thread hanging on his every word. I have seen it repeatedly here and find it all offiensive! You can say what you want, but I see all the things said to him/here about anything remotely unPC he/she says!

All I am saying .. is don't be so touchy here!
Thank you BB. Spanish is my second language. My BIL is Mexican. My dentist is Mexican. So I dare anyone here to call me racist!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:20 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,764 times
Who would of thought that a thread about food would have turned into a raciest thing! LOL

Old 07-11-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Palm View Post
When?.... When everyone here started piling on Deserst sun on every thread hanging on his every word. I have seen it repeatedly here and find it all offiensive! You can say what you want, but I see all the things said to him/here about anything remotely unPC he/she says!

All I am saying .. is don't be so touchy here!
Thank you BB. Spanish is my second language. My BIL is Mexican. My dentist is Mexican. So I dare anyone here to call me racist!

below are all the things i saw posted in response to ds41:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
Hey, at least you're consistent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
I'm not surprised...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Desertsun41? You don't like Mexican Food? or you just don't like the Mexican food here in Las Vegas? The Mexican food here is so..so.. not what i'm use to in Cali.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
I see... how about other "spanish" speaking nationalities food? Like Salvadorian? Peruvian? My Favorite is actually Salvadorian.
if anything, i think he/she took unnecessary offense, followed in short by you. there was talk of hateful PMs..did you see those? i say ds41 should post 'em or block them. make people put there $ where there fingers are (fingers sound odd, by mouth doesn't really apply) or just ignore them.

*and again, what is w/ the everyone crap? do you really think AAs comments were inappropriate? or any of the others for that matter?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:33 PM

Oh, I don't know, President Palm. Maybe when DS41 dug him/herself deeper by saying
Quote:
My other problem is everyone complains about Mexicans here but they go out, support and eat their food. I see that as 2 faced.
I belong to a variety of groups but the one where everyone complains about Mexicans, not so much. I'm sure everyone complains about Mexicans as DS41 said because it just makes sense. There's so much to complain about, I think I saw a Mexican flag flying on St. Patrick's Day amongst all the Irish Flags. Why can't these people just give up their culture and adapt already? You know they speak multiple languages, unlike most Americans who proudly display their ignorance at knowing only 1. Who do these people think they are making us look dumb?

EVERYONE complains about Mexicans because that's who we are. We ALL pick a race and just complain because that's the type of person you are, after all you are part of the collective everyone, are you not?

Remember, the next time you eat a delicious shawarma, which is a middle eastern food, I hope you feed that 2nd face too because you are supporting terrorism. If you go to the Red Square in Mandalay Bay or, let's say any Chinese place, well you're obviously a communist. Put that nacho down, you unpatriotic fool! Support the EVERYONE!

Last edited by redwhale; 07-11-2008 at 10:44 PM..

Old 07-11-2008, 10:37 PM

mmmm....terrorlicious

Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 PM

Oh, and in keeping with the actual theme
The Red Square is overpriced and very bland by my tastes.
The Trader Joe's in between Charleston and Sahara on Decatur has two places that serve delicious shawarmas which I got a taste for when I was in the gulf. Way pricier than the $1 apiece I paid from some street vendor in Dubai but still fairly good.
I still haven't found a good Chinese take out place but I think I brought it up in another thread that they all have pretty much the same menus and it's always hit or miss as to whether they are average or above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas