Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:50 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,446,962 times

Advertisements

...or the QTips which are very soft and have no bite at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 02:11 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,239,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
...or the QTips which are very soft and have no bite at all.
Sometimes you have to know when to fold 'em jfk. Your humor is getting really dry.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:27 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,446,962 times
ouch

Old 07-13-2010, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 915 times
I went to the new Fresh N' Easy on Ann & Centennial and just had another great experience. I even had the guy bag my groceries. This was a plus since almost all the Fresh N' Easy stores that I have been to they always asked me if I needed help. This guy jumped right on it! AMAZING! It's not a big feat but he was a very nice and pleasant young man. I think his name was Jake or Jay.. Well, whatever his name was, THANK YOU! Your pleasant goodbye made my day!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,902,251 times
Default England

[quote=Buzz123;4509607]Carol and I were completely underwhelmed with Fresh & Easy. It felt like we were in a third world country...or England.

I have no cause to insult the British, it seems no matter what conflicts we get involved with, they always back us up. A good friend to the United States in my opinion.
sk

Old 07-13-2010, 11:11 PM

848 posts, read 1,721,494 times
[quote=skugelstadt;15028628]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Carol and I were completely underwhelmed with Fresh & Easy. It felt like we were in a third world country...or England.

I have no cause to insult the British, it seems no matter what conflicts we get involved with, they always back us up. A good friend to the United States in my opinion.
sk

Really???? Go to the Skyscrapercity.com under the UK Threads and read what they say about Americans regarding the British Petroleum incident in the Gulf Coast and not just that incident, generally speaking Europeans have an animosity toward the US. You should hang out there and read the things they say about Americans. US government is wasting a lot of my tax money in that continent. I'm an American citizen but not of European descent so I don't really give a $hit about those people in Europe and as far as Fresh and Easy, I would rather shop at the Ranch Market in Chinatown or Seafood City on Maryland Parkway even if I have to drive out of my way if I cannot find the food I crave in my neighborhood Albertsons.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:00 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,280,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashknickers View Post
I've never heard of Trader Joe's before, I'll google it!

Oh I agree, how can an English company open up a chain of stores and not have PG tips! Just bloody rude!
You'll like Trader Joes's. They have lots of the kind of cookies Brits call biscuits (the best kind, in my book). But stay away from the almond ones in the shape of a windmill, because they are addictive! TJ's is the first US store where I ever saw packaged crumpets.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:45 AM

11,169 posts, read 15,964,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Really???? Go to the Skyscrapercity.com under the UK Threads and read what they say about Americans regarding the British Petroleum incident in the Gulf Coast and not just that incident, generally speaking Europeans have an animosity toward the US.
Generally speaking, that statement is B.S. And I'm speaking as someone who not only has visited most countries in Europe, but who has lived with people from Spain, France, Poland, Netherlands, and Georgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
You should hang out there and read the things they say about Americans.
I would suggest that you hang out in Europe rather than Internet message boards before making such a sweeping generalization of what most Europeans think of Americans.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,047,430 times
I agree. I lived in France for a number of years [albiet a long time back] I found the French people to be, for the most part, extremely friendly and warm.

The Belgians, on the other hand were over the top in their friendliness towards Americans and the same with the Dutch. The Germans were...Germans...

Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 PM

4,039 posts, read 2,900,255 times
Red face Fresh and Easy

Back to F&E. Thanks for the information about these stores. Did my weekly shop there today (Green Valley Pkwy) and it's wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas