Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:32 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,467,142 times

Advertisements

What is everybody up to this weekend?

My sister, her hubby and my niece are leaving late tonight, with dinner courtesy of my crockpot when they get back from their travels of the day...

Tomorrow, I'm doing NOTHING all day except straighten up the house and wash the bed clothes, I've done enough all week. Tomorrow night, I told Mr. Mx2 I want to go see the Batman movie and have dinner out somewhere, no cooking

Sunday, truly NOTHING all day..but going dancing with friends on Sunday night and perhaps I'll have to have the obligatory spicy hot Bloody Mary with plenty of olives and a leafy celery stick if they have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 04:37 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,843,165 times
Probably working all day tomorrow. Sunday will consist of yardwork and detailing the car. Let me know what you think of Dark Knight. If it's any good I may take wifey and the little guy to see it next week.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:40 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,413,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post

My sister, her hubby and my niece are leaving late tonight, and dinner courtesy of my crockpot when they get back from their travels...

Tomorrow, I'm doing NOTHING all day, I've done enough all week. Tomorrow night, I told Mr. Mx2 I want to go see the Batman movie and have dinner out somewhere, no cooking

Sunday, NOTHING again all day..but going dancing with friends on Sunday night and perhaps I'll have to have the obligatory spicy hot Bloody Mary.
Friday: going away party for a friend going to MSU to continue her graduate studies (komol followed by the griffin, etc.)

Sat: lab work, house work, party for a friend's successful defense of her Master's thesis

Sun: rest? please....

**mom, where you getting your Bloody? always good to know where the make 'em spicy. you should try the one the make at the downtown cocktail lounge...doesn't seem right (it is made w/ gin and dill and served in a martini glass), but it is pretty freakin' good....def getting one or two of them on friday night

Old 07-25-2008, 04:44 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,630,865 times
Quote:

I'll have to have the obligatory spicy hot Bloody Mary with plenty of olives and a leafy celery stick if they have one.
Ever try a Bloody Ceaser? Its a little better version of the Bloody Mary with Clamato rather then tomato juice and some soy sauce with A-1 added and some Old Spice Seasoning. The same Old Spice seasoning used to cook seafood.

Not all Bartenders even know what it is.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:47 PM

I ususally get a decent one at Harrah's when I'm there, I just tell them to make it "hot". Or if I'm at the Venetian, I get a good one at LaScena Lounge.

The best ones are at the Celebration Lounge in the Trop....when I ask them for extra olives, not only do I get 4 or 5 in my glass, but they give me some in a little separate bowl too.

Celery sticks are becoming a lost commodity it seems. Years ago, you always got a celery stick in your Bloody Mary...not anymore. I do sometimes get it at Harrahs

Wow, that one made in martini glass with gin and dill (for the bite) sounds pretty fantastic!

Where downtown jim?

Old 07-25-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ever try a Bloody Ceaser? Its a little better version of the Bloody Mary with Clamato rather then tomato juice and some soy sauce with A-1 added and some Old Spice Seasoning. The same Old Spice seasoning used to cook seafood.

Yes, I've had a Bloody Ceaser as well DS...pretty darn good might I say too!

Old 07-25-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

on board w/ the clamato and soy.

not so sure about the A-1 (never really liked it...maybe i'll stick w/ the Worcestershire).

think i will stay away from the cologne/deodorant . (you sure you don't mean old bay instead of old spice?...if that is the case, i am on board w/ that as well )

Old 07-25-2008, 04:53 PM

Yeah, I meant to mention that DS...I knew what you meant love...

Old Spice, Old Bay, Oye Vay...who cares after just one....hehehe

Old 07-25-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Wow, that one made in martini glass with gin and dill (for the bite) sounds pretty fantastic!

Where downtown jim?
it is pretty delicious....good enough to sway the tastes of a confirmed gin-o-phobe and bloody mary hater to get one every time she goes there.

you do pay the price for a good drink, so rarely do i have more than a couple there, but i always have at least one!

Downtown Cocktail Room - Downtown Cocktail Room Las Vegas - Las Vegas Bars | VEGAS.com

Old 07-25-2008, 05:08 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,630,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
on board w/ the clamato and soy.

not so sure about the A-1 (never really liked it...maybe i'll stick w/ the Worcestershire).

think i will stay away from the cologne/deodorant . (you sure you don't mean old bay instead of old spice?...if that is the case, i am on board w/ that as well )

Oops, your right. It is Worchestershire, not A-1. My mistake. I would not want A-1 with my drink either..

And yes your also right about Old Bay Seasoning. Old Spice is a deodorant !

Guess it's been awhile for me. In fact the last time I had one was in Treasure Island where that little bar in the middle of the slot area with the bakery makes great ones.

Thanks for the correction.....now make me one !! I'll share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: