Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
it is pretty delicious....good enough to sway the tastes of a confirmed gin-o-phobe and bloody mary hater to get one every time she goes there.

you do pay the price for a good drink, so rarely do i have more than a couple there, but i always have at least one!

Downtown Cocktail Room - Downtown Cocktail Room Las Vegas - Las Vegas Bars | VEGAS.com

YIKES !!!!!

Is that what drinks cost now a days? Im sure glad Im out of the bar scene. I think it's been 3 years since I used to hang out at the Suncoast several nights a week and I think I paid $3.00 at the bar and of course the free crappy drinks at the Sports Book.

For $7-10 I can buy a whole meal if im carefull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 05:15 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Definately a place to check out next time I'm out on Fremont Street. Thanks jim, prices are about the same as the other tourist areas...

Old 07-25-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
YIKES !!!!!

Is that what drinks cost now a days? Im sure glad Im out of the bar scene. I think it's been 3 years since I used to hang out at the Suncoast several nights a week and I think I paid $3.00 at the bar and of course the free crappy drinks at the Sports Book.

That's about the going price for drinks nowadays DS...

Old 07-25-2008, 05:20 PM

100 posts, read 404,725 times
Well am glad you guys are all going to have fun!

I am sitting here in the floor in NJ packing! I didn't think in living here 5 years we could accumulate so much crap! 2 days now and I am still packing the living/dining room!!!!!argh!! My movers are coming on the 7th and they way things are going, i won't be ready!!!! LOL

The good news though.. our condo here was only on the market 3 weeks and as of today is under contract..yippeee! Thank goodness for our view here!
We were hating to move not having it sold. Techinically it still isn't sold but the buyers are paying cash, so I don't have to worry about loans not going through.

I will be out enjoying those bloodys with you in a few weeks between unpacking!!! LOL

Old 07-25-2008, 05:28 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times
Quote:
Oops, your right. It is Worchestershire, not A-1. My mistake. I would not want A-1 with my drink either..

And yes your also right about Old Bay Seasoning. Old Spice is a deodorant !

Guess it's been awhile for me. In fact the last time I had one was in Treasure Island where that little bar in the middle of the slot area with the bakery makes great ones.

Thanks for the correction.....now make me one !! I'll share.
no problem....i knew what you meant on the seasoning, but had to have a bit-o-fun. as for the A-1, i was willing accept that in the drink as it doesn't sound unlikely (not that different than Worcestershire), just not really my taste.

Quote:
YIKES !!!!!

yeah...unfortunately, that isn't out of line. but you do get quality booze (top top shelf). now down on the strip, you'd pbby pay $15 for a drink, no guarantee on the booze quality.

i generally try to blend the night...couple of expensive, nice drinks in the beginning followed by more reasonably priced ones when i am not as 'aware'.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Palm View Post

I am sitting here in the floor in NJ packing! I didn't think in living here 5 years we could accumulate so much crap! 2 days now and I am still packing the living/dining room!!!!!argh!! My movers are coming on the 7th and they way things are going, i won't be ready!!!! LOL

The good news though.. our condo here was only on the market 3 weeks and as of today is under contract..yippeee! Thank goodness for our view here!
We were hating to move not having it sold. Techinically it still isn't sold but the buyers are paying cash, so I don't have to worry about loans not going through.

I will be out enjoying those bloodys with you in a few weeks between unpacking!!! LOL

Good luck to you with your packing and move DesertPalm...you will be here sipping those Bloody Mary's with us in spirit!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:38 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:

Well DesertPalm say goodby to Verona from me too. Having to move without selling is more stressfull then anything else I can think of. But no one is buying here so the only stress now is will a renter destroy my home. I bartered an expensive TV with surround sound and all the goodies to my neighbor in return he will be my personal maintenance man for 2 years. So at least my upside down house will be looked after.

Packing? Nawwww. Everything is for sale in one gigantic moving sale coming up. Only what fits in the storage in our motor home goes. It's tough. Going through my collection of junk as well as nostalgic goodies is hard to choose what goes, what sells and what is going to the grave with me.

Have a safe trip. One of my fondest memories in my life was the drive from your area to here about 11 years ago.

I still think the NC Coast would be nicer but you'll be just fine here. You will miss the ocean I can promise you that.

Good luck and enjoy the drive.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Well DesertPalm say goodby to Verona from me too. Having to move without selling is more stressfull then anything else I can think of. But no one is buying here so the only stress now is will a renter destroy my home. I bartered an expensive TV with surround sound and all the goodies to my neighbor in return he will be my personal maintenance man for 2 years. So at least my upside down house will be looked after.

Packing? Nawwww. Everything is for sale in one gigantic moving sale coming up. Only what fits in the storage in our motor home goes. It's tough. Going through my collection of junk as well as nostalgic goodies is hard to choose what goes, what sells and what is going to the grave with me.

Have a safe trip. One of my fondest memories in my life was the drive from your area to here about 11 years ago.

I still think the NC Coast would be nicer but you'll be just fine here. You will miss the ocean I can promise you that.

Good luck and enjoy the drive.
Thanks..LOL
Well I grew up with the NC coast and still have a home in NC, so I won't miss it too bad..LOL
As for moving without selling, I feel your pain! We have been tense for the past 3 weeks hoping we would have an offer prior to leaving. The best feeling in the world for me today was adding under contract on the MLS to our condo..LOL
And they fact we got a very good price and I still get half the commission..LOL
I wish you luck in Tx too!
I am sure you will still be around here though

Old 07-25-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Good luck to you with your packing and move DesertPalm...you will be here sipping those Bloody Mary's with us in spirit!
Well Mom I decided if I can't join you, I would make my own so I am sipping and packing..LOL

Old 07-25-2008, 06:01 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times
Quote:
Well Mom I decided if I can't join you, I would make my own so I am sipping and packing..LOL
best way to pack is w/ something to sip on

and my guess is that you will always miss the ocean a bit. my dad's side of the family all moved one-by-one to ABQ from long island over 30 years ago...they absolutely fell in love w/ the mts, desert, openness of NM. but there is not a one of them that doesn't still miss the ocean (they grew up on it, made a living on it as kids, and as much as they now belong to the west, a piece of them will always have some salt water running through it)

good luck w/ your move and enjoy your drink (and the sympathy of all those who hate packing and have had to do it too many times...which in some case may be just once)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: