Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 AM

10 posts, read 69,046 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info....I hope to hit some soon...
I am from So. Ca. myself and miss the OC Marketplace...I don't think anything compares with that...Kind of an upscale swap meet!..And Pink I grew up at those Ca. drive in swap meets...Fun memories!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 02:50 PM

6 posts, read 17,732 times
Amen to the OC Swapmeet! I Love that place going this weekend as a matter of fact! There's nothing in Vegas that compare to that! Well nothing that compares to ANY swapmeet in Cali!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:36 PM

Bad news NLasVegasGirl...The Orange County Fair is going on now...The OC Market Place reopens August 9th....Ask me how I know...Sigh.. I just spent a week in So. Ca. and was all excited to go there too!...lol..

Old 07-31-2008, 03:58 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,720 times
I once went to a great outdoor swap meet in Roseville, CA. That's a small town east of Sacramento, for those of you from SoCal. They had a wide selection of some pretty cool stuff. They had this one food stand that the best corn dogs that I've ever had. They put just the right amount of honey in the batter, and they weren't greasy at all.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:52 PM

Loved that your location is given in coordinates!....lol

Old 08-01-2008, 12:14 AM

Thanks. Being a smart arse, I like to play with people's minds. One of my favorite t-shirts has "Only With A Shot Of Penicillin" on it.

If I could change the "Senior Member" heading, I'd change it to "No soy usted padre. El perro era más rápido."

Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 AM

We do geocaching that's why the coordinates caught my eye... I can translate what you said but I don't quite understand what it means...coloréeme retardado! lol...

Old 08-02-2008, 02:01 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
the one at Boulder and Sahara, I think has closed a while ago...

i think you are thinking of the Q Mall at Trop and 95, I don't think there is one on Flamingo...

There is one at Charleston and Bruce (which is huge), which is near Eastern, one at Eastern/Bonanza, Eastern/Owens, and Civic Center/Lake Mead (also huge)...

Broadacres is the best on Pecos at LVBN...

i don't like the fantastic one because it is only open on the weekend and is the only indoor one that charges a fee to get in, the others are free and are usually only closed on tuesdays...

It would be interesting to find out what some of these indoor ones were...I know the one on Rancho is a former KMart, and I believe the one at Eastern/Bonanza is a former Smiths...
You're right, it's TROP and US 95. I think that started life as a home store similar to Home Depot or Lowes...or was it a paint store? Maybe the paint store is still there.

The one formerly at Boulder and Sahara was a home store also but I can't remember the name of that old chain that went out of business, as was the one at Bruce and Charleston. I think some of them were the old Woolco stores, and there was a drug store chain with very large stores that went away too.

Fantastic Flea Market was Fantastic Furniture a long time ago in the late 70's early 80's, and before that I think it was something else.

I thought they all were only open on weekends and charged to get in, so thanks or clearing that up.

BTW, the shopping center at Bruce and Charleston is not the first center that was there. The old one that was torn down, Charleston Plaza Mall, was the first indoor shopping mall in Las Vegas. Not all the stores were inside the mall, but several were and there was even a theater in there too. Former Mayor Jan Laverty Jones' grandfather owned the supermarket that was also there, and she and her brother became known in Las Vegas for their supermarket commercials on TV.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:01 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
yes i posted a thread about the Charleston Plaza at the RJ eforum and learned quite a few things about that place...

Old 08-03-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Again View Post
We do geocaching that's why the coordinates caught my eye... I can translate what you said but I don't quite understand what it means...coloréeme retardado! lol...
It's just an interesting way to make an insult. I'm a big person, and as such, I've had total strangers make disparaging remarks about me. Anyone can drop an f bomb, but it's much more interesting to reply that while I can diet and lose weight, their mother father will always be brother and sister.

Weight is the last safe form of discrimination.

For those of you who don't speak Spanish, I said, "I am not your father. The dog was faster."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas