Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:50 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_James View Post
I think one thing that sets Las Vegas apart from many other places on the planet is that most of the people who live here, chose to live here.

The vast majority of people live where they do because they grew up there, went to school there, or got a job there. The majority of people in Las Vegas made a conscious choice to move here.

Those that achieve their goals think it's a great place to live. Those that don't, feel they have somehow been cheated, and blame the city rather than themselves.

As mentioned above, Las Vegas is not a very sympathetic place. Whiners don't do well here at all.

Just my 2 cents.
Young people in most of the places I'm familiar with can't wait to grow up and get out of there...wherever 'there' is. You don't find that here. Kids raised here usually have visited other places and know how good they have it, so they don't leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Ole Capt already has that saved as a macro.

Sheriff will show up within three to five posts with sketchy data that "proves" that Vegas is the armpit of the universe.

Fortunately, not all defenders of the board have balls. It'd be too much of a sausage fest if they did.

Personally there are things I like about Vegas, and things I miss about the SF Bay Area. Mostly, I miss the fog rolling in over the Marin headlands. I also miss hot air balloons in the morning.
Please, while I do not live in, or have never even been to LV; "armpit" does not come to mind------while an orifice to the "south" does. Live, explore, and enjoy the fine quality of life in LV.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:24 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,664,494 times
You're repeating yourself.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:34 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,049 times
[quote=aqualung8705;4726353]You're repeating yourself.[/QUOTE Please show us all what post # am I repeating myself.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:53 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,966 times
[quote=sheriff;4727345]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
You're repeating yourself.[/QUOTE Please show us all what post # am I repeating myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
No, you leave. No, you leave.
had to do it

Old 08-04-2008, 07:09 PM

Sheriff: You said the exact same thing, right down to the punctuation marks, in another thread. You really shouldn't post at 4:20.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:16 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,966 times
i guarantee he didn't....too angry to be a toker.

i think someone else quoted his comment in another thread, though...don't think he posted twice.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM

Wow, good nyborg, man.

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/uploaded_images/HeavyMetal-786801.jpg (broken link)

No, this wasn't a quote. It had to be a copy and paste.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 AM

2 posts, read 9,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Where else can you have sunshine daily, cheap rent w/ amenities that would make some resorts look boring, groceries delivered for 10 bucks, a driver to take you anywhere in the city for 40 bucks a month, endless buffets/entertainment/shopping....

I love it here!

I'm retired w/ 1 in high school and 1 in college.
No car, take the bus and have Vons/Albertsons deliver my weekly groceries.
My gated community is the cheapest rent I've ever paid and I have a large 2 bedroom, giant tub, patio, pools/spas/fitness facilites.

This place is great!
I used to live in Seattle and Safeway delivers my groceries for free! Does Vons offer free delivery?
And what community do u live in? I'd like to check that place out.

Just moved here with my husband and 2 children. Haven't found a home yet. Still staying with a friend in the Silverado Ranch area. He's also from WA but moved down here 4yrs ago. He's one of the reasons we decided to move down here. Also to get away from the rain! LV isn't really that bad. Like what others have said, you either like it or you don't. Personally I'm still trying to get used to it. Been here for over a month now. One thing I find very difficult is making new friends. Most women here in LV are materialistic. Also, if all you do is party and stay on the strip, then that gets old fast. Maybe your cousin hasn't found their medium.

Can anyone out there who's native to LV or just has had experience help me out with finding a good school for my 1st grader... Also any referals for a good babysitter. I've been a SAHM since my daughter was born and I'm wanting to get a part-timer atleast.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:13 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,685,477 times
vons does not offer free delivery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas