Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 03:26 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupj View Post
what happened was i filed for my ter 2 and they gave me a week then when i tryed to file this week it told me potential eligibilty issues. i also read that everyone has to refile after a year? does that sound right? my first check was sept 2,08 and it seems like that stop it aug 2 09 that was my last check
I just reread your previous post. If you received a check on 9/2/08, or a check dated 9/2/08, then your benefit year must have begun on 8/24/08. Therefore, it would expire at midnight on 8/22/09. If you collected all of the benefits from that claim, you have nothing to reopen unless there are more extensions that you might qualify for. Regardless, you wouldn't be able to file a new claim (new benefit year) until the week of 8/23/09. If you haven't worked at all since filing that first claim, unless the law has changed, you wouldn't be eligible to file again in this lifetime until you return to work and have enough earnings for a new claim. Better call them Monday. Tip: You could wait until Wednesday if you find yourself waiting on the phone for hours. Wednesday is the day they have the least callers. But don't put it off for a whole week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 05:45 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemdomis View Post
Claim accepted! I guess I just needed to call immediately when I left my last employer.

*It's good to know that 'the gov' takes care of business.
I don't get it. You post in Aug, 2008 stating you are calling the unemployment dept and were on hold. Then your last post was in May, 2009 stating your claim was accepted? That must have been one long a** phone call.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I don't get it. You post in Aug, 2008 stating you are calling the unemployment dept and were on hold. Then your last post was in May, 2009 stating your claim was accepted? That must have been one long a** phone call.
Call Guinness.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 6,212 times
Default Filing a appeal

How do I file an appeal online?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda Walker View Post
How do I file an appeal online?
Unless something has changed since I retired from there, you can't file an appeal on line. Look at the back of the initial decision and it will tell you exactly how to file. As far as I know it still has to be done in writing and you have to sign it and send it back within ten days. You must state why you disagree with the adjudicator's decision. Simply stating that you disagree is not enough.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 8,638 times
Default unemployment

mines said this, Our records indicate that your extended benefits claim has a potential eligibility issue, please contact the Telephone Claims Center for additional claim filing information.
anybody please help

Old 12-21-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroihoshi View Post
mines said this, Our records indicate that your extended benefits claim has a potential eligibility issue, please contact the Telephone Claims Center for additional claim filing information.
anybody please help
Nobody here can help you because we don't know what the issue is. Just call the telephone claims center like it says and they'll tell you what's going on. Probably something simple.

By the way, never in 14 years of working at ESD did I ever see or hear of anyone outside of the ESD being able to tell anyone any correct information. But your friends and relatives will always try to act like experts. Only there information will ALWAYS be wrong and will get you into trouble. So there is not one person on this forum, including me, who can give you correct info. The only ones who can do that are the people who work at ESD. The ONLY ones. Don't ask anyone else. Call ESD.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 8,638 times
its bout unemployment......do you think its bad

Old 12-22-2009, 07:53 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Step son got bounced this week......spent 3 hours on the phone.....check will come as usual.....computer dumped a buncha people.....
When you have an unemployement question it seems to me that the FIRST thing you would do would be to call unemployment....not log on to CD

Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 PM

10 posts, read 36,882 times
I worked for a Las Vegas athletic Club, I worked in child care, I was fired because I didn't take a child to the bathroom. After filing my claim, gettin an interview with a Unemployment, I was awarded benifets because 1. I never heard anyone ask me to go to the bathroom. 2. When the club was called they didn't know why I was fired. The claim was awarded because Detr said that I could not be fired for not meeting the employer expectations, only misconduct. Now, after getting almost 26 weeks unemployment / getting 75%, the State notified the Employer, they have the right to appeal my unemployment, I have a hearing 3/19.... any thought?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: