Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:01 PM

109 posts, read 500,863 times

Advertisements

Besides the tax assesor's site?

I'm signing a lease on a condo in the next few days, the owners reside out of state and every thing is being done remotely so I just want to triple check that this isnt another rental scam. The rental is in a new condo development and when I search the county assesors records all the units in this development come up under the associations name. Is this common? What is another way to confirm the actual owner of the unit?

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 03:36 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,846,948 times
If you want to DM me the address I can look into it for you.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimm View Post
Besides the tax assesor's site?

I'm signing a lease on a condo in the next few days, the owners reside out of state and every thing is being done remotely so I just want to triple check that this isnt another rental scam. The rental is in a new condo development and when I search the county assesors records all the units in this development come up under the associations name. Is this common? What is another way to confirm the actual owner of the unit?

Any input is greatly appreciated!
The other trick is to go to the county recorder, hit advanced and give it the property number. That will show you a list of documents which should include some kind of deed. That will have the owner name and address. Note also any other kinds of documents there. If you find a notice of default or similar check it out.

For the uninitiated that is a way to check if your landlord is in iminent danger of floreclosure.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:59 PM

91 posts, read 371,438 times
Assessor Records and Maps

Old 08-06-2008, 07:18 PM

253 posts, read 1,332,239 times
This site seems to have way too much information:

LasVegas.BlockShopper.com | Clark County Home Sales Prices, Real Estate News, Property Statistics.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:06 PM

Thanks everyone!

DaddyM3, I just DM'd you the address.

I tried the assesor website already it gives me just a generic association name, It does the same for all the units.

That LV block shopper site doesnt have the owners on their either. Your right there is WAY too much info on there.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:22 PM

109 posts, read 532,112 times
Dam!! that site is awesome!! to bad I'm listed there :-(

Old 08-07-2008, 12:04 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
I'm in there too somewhere.. I just spent way too much time looking up all my neighbors on that site.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 PM

UPDATE- I just spoke to the development sles office and they say they cannot divulge any information in the particular unit. They did inform me however that the unit is not showing up on the tax assesors website because it has not cloesd escrow yet. Does this sound right?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimm View Post
UPDATE- I just spoke to the development sles office and they say they cannot divulge any information in the particular unit. They did inform me however that the unit is not showing up on the tax assesors website because it has not cloesd escrow yet. Does this sound right?
The guy who is renting it to you does not yet own it. You are flying blind. It is however reasonably safe to assume that if he does buy it you can safely rent it...but he has to buy it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: