Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:00 PM

91 posts, read 371,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
If its renessance computer, i think?? it might have gone under though?
It could be. It's been a couple months since I've stopped in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 11:37 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
You can always request a monitor on here:
passitonlv2 : KeepPassingItOnLV
You never know, someone might have one to give away. Never hurts to ask.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massagemamma View Post
We wanted to get a laptop but while we are financially prepared for the move we figure every penny counts while we are looking for work. Wouldn't be able to sell the desktop for enough $$ to cover the cost of a laptop so it will have to wait. We are even going to pawn the monitor here and pick up a new one at a pawn shop there just to save space in the trunk of the car because we didn't think our furniture was worth the cost of moving it so far away. Well, I got some packing to do!
You can also get your library card, and use their computers for free.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 AM

103 posts, read 327,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
You can also get your library card, and use their computers for free.
Library card is an absolute must for me especially since I have to leave all of my books behind.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Now that's just too sad for words!!! What kind of books are you leaving behind? Any SF/Fantasy books? Those are my favorite.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Now that's just too sad for words!!! What kind of books are you leaving behind? Any SF/Fantasy books? Those are my favorite.
Dean Koontz is my all time fav and I have been collecting/reading all of his books for a few years now. I have probably about 5-9 hardbacks and probably double or more paperbacks, I was working on having them all. He puts out a new book just before Christmas and another one every spring which is just before my may birthday so I get 2 new ones every year and am picking up the older books at flea markets and stuff. I am however leaving them with my mom and will send her $$ to ship a few at a time along with my husbands Budweiser beer bottles and stein collection. I'm not nearly as sad about my wedding dress as I am about my books! Heck, I'm looking at the clothes we have and wondering if we will be able to bring anything else at all, we have a lot of clothes! I hope I don't have to leave our pictures and wedding momentos behind as well! This is the sad part of the move. Well, I will try to check back again tonight before tearing the computer down. If not then I will see/speak with youz guyz in a week or so.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:23 PM

Whew, I was under the impression that you were having to give them up. As far as the clothes and wedding stuff, I have no idea. I'm single, and will probably remain that way.

I don't think that I've ever read Dean Koontz. I've read a number over the years, but Mercedes Lackey is my all time favorite fantasy author. She's pretty prolific. I also need to catch up on Robert Asprin. He writes some great comedic fantasy. Have you ever read Adam Roberts stuff? He's a British SF author. Besides sharing a name, we were both born in 1965.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Whew, I was under the impression that you were having to give them up. As far as the clothes and wedding stuff, I have no idea. I'm single, and will probably remain that way.

I don't think that I've ever read Dean Koontz. I've read a number over the years, but Mercedes Lackey is my all time favorite fantasy author. She's pretty prolific. I also need to catch up on Robert Asprin. He writes some great comedic fantasy. Have you ever read Adam Roberts stuff? He's a British SF author. Besides sharing a name, we were both born in 1965.
I will have to check him out...I thought I was going to have to give the books up too but thankfully mom found room for them...well, shutting the computer down now, we expect to be there by the 17th unless we get held up by an issue or the dog wigs out...I'll be back as soon as I can...

Old 08-14-2008, 12:53 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Good thing you didn't have to give up the books! I'd never give them up, never!!! lol
Instead of leaving things behind, why don't people just ship some things to their new address to arrive around the time they do?
If it's books and someone has to leave them behind, before you do that, mail them to me!

I have some Dean Koontz books up for grabs...and i'll look through the sci-fi ones too. I finally am almost at the end of one I thought wasn't so hot: Stephen Kings "Bag of bones." Some parts of the book are ok, but most of it just dragged forever...but i have to find out the ending, so i plodded along. That's the only book that's taken me close to a month to read. I have about 10 pages left.
For more book talk, come over to the city-data book section. There is so much to do on this site, you can spend days in here literally.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Good thing you didn't have to give up the books! I'd never give them up, never!!! lol
Instead of leaving things behind, why don't people just ship some things to their new address to arrive around the time they do?
If it's books and someone has to leave them behind, before you do that, mail them to me!

I have some Dean Koontz books up for grabs...and i'll look through the sci-fi ones too. I finally am almost at the end of one I thought wasn't so hot: Stephen Kings "Bag of bones." Some parts of the book are ok, but most of it just dragged forever...but i have to find out the ending, so i plodded along. That's the only book that's taken me close to a month to read. I have about 10 pages left.
For more book talk, come over to the city-data book section. There is so much to do on this site, you can spend days in here literally.
Wish I could have shipped before hand but for us we weren't sure where we were going to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas