Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:21 AM

13 posts, read 28,314 times

Advertisements

I cant wait to get the hell out of here, what a joke!! anyone that moves here out of hopes and dreams, GOOD LUCK... research it first, I would look up I hate vegas, just google that it will pull up the best website of the true vegas that is always secret!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 12:52 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtavegas View Post
I cant wait to get the hell out of here, what a joke!! anyone that moves here out of hopes and dreams, GOOD LUCK... research it first, I would look up I hate vegas, just google that it will pull up the best website of the true vegas that is always secret!!!
Hey, your time just ran out. You were supposed to be out of here last month. So go.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:47 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
I cant wait to get the hell out of here, what a joke!! anyone that moves here out of hopes and dreams, GOOD LUCK... research it first...
That's the problem...too many move there on simply 'hopes and dreams'. Just curious...did you research it first?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
I dont wanna move there permanently i just wanna get a house there silly, it would be pretty nice..i think, i wouldnt wanna leave albuquerque for awhile, my city planning job is too exciting ahah
I don't know about city planning, but the LV city website claims, Douglas Selby has served as the 16th city manager since August 20th, 2002. Does this mean he's been on the job for 6 years, or does this job last 3 months for each? http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Govern...ty_manager.htm

Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
I don't know about city planning, but the LV city website claims, Douglas Selby has served as the 16th city manager since August 20th, 2002. Does this mean he's been on the job for 6 years, or does this job last 3 months for each? City Manager (Official City of Las Vegas Web Site)

I took it as meaning that he has been at the job since August 20th, 2002, so he has been at the job for 6 years.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:32 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,249 times
Quote:
despite your overt negativity, you do make a solid point: do your research before you move anywhere! try not to base your move on nebulous things; be sure you have some sort of plan. it'll go along way toward enjoying where you move and not becoming bitter and jaded.

as for the 'true' vegas....sounds like you only found your version of it. sux, because there is really some good stuff here.

as for your website...the 1st thing that pops up when googling that is a dead thread by tucker max. while his stories are often hilarious, i really wouldn't cite him as a credible source for what vegas is like...and his only consistent complaint is the number of 'tools' here. well...that is kinda my assessment of the strip nightclubs as well (what do you expect...drunk guys on vacation looking to hook up...same as newhere else you get that combo). but that is in no way representative of LV.

all the sites that popped up following that were blogs also...very little (if any) factual info. mostly subjective drivel and insults shot from the hip re: strip-life, w/o much thought or insight into the actual vegas.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 AM

12 posts, read 17,809 times
Quote:
You can also Google "I hate New York" or "I hate Los Angeles" etc..etc..

Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
"I hate Cleveland" I hate Phoenix I hate Tomatoes I hate Barney the dinosaur...

Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
I vote for that......Barney is really a subversive plant, here to overthrow the country.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:17 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I vote for that......Barney is really a subversive plant, here to overthrow the country.
come on dyn.....you know barney is a dinosaur not a plant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas