Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 AM

52 posts, read 228,197 times

Advertisements

Michigan left???? Saw the video....no wonder you "left Michigan"....oh boy!!! I'm here 6 weeks from New Jersey and I miss family and friends but NOTHING about NJ....bad weather, nasty people and the WORST drivers in the country. I know you think they're bad out here, but at least you can anticipate their next move...in NJ it's a crap shoot....and no one here sits out in the left lane for absolutely no reason....I LOVE LAS VEGAS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 02:06 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times
Hehe! Actually the MI lefts were the least reason. I was pretty use to them as it is all I have really ever known except when we traveled and I didn't really pay too much attention to the left turns then!

But, I haven't ventured out too much yet, but I am doing fine. Thought it would be much harder-missing everyone and all-but with computers and cell phones it is like I never left. It is not like I had so many people over then, but I knew I could have. Not so easy now. Not always a bad thing either!!

Old 08-20-2008, 03:25 AM

85 posts, read 189,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb610 View Post
im interested in taking up a outdoor hobby in vegas.. anybody got suggestions? (ie. rock climbing, mountain biking, ....)
Check out meetup.com -- there is a really big hiking group that goes on some great hiking trips around Vegas.. and farther if you want.. There are also other groups such as mountain bikers and the rock climbers on there.. that's where you want to be to really get to experience the not so obvious things we do around here.

Kimba -- interesting reading your experiences and welcome to Vegas!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:43 AM

172 posts, read 558,771 times
Hey Kimba have you run into any wolf spiders yet? We had a ton when living in Oklahoma and I have seen a couple of small ones here. They get really big and at night sometimes you can see their eyes hiding in the grass. The good news is that they are completely harmless and actually eat brown recluse and black widows! They are just intimidating at first.

BTW what kind of dog do you have? My friend and I used to get up early in the mornings and walk her dog together to get some exercise. It was a beagle mix so it would eat ANYTHING. And in OK there were a lot of dead spiders, bugs and frogs in the road. I remember he ate a frog pancake once!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:12 PM

We have a Lhasa Apso. He does not bother with the bugs. But, since we got here he has been getting sick almost every day. Throwing up. Being small, he would do that once in a while back home, if he got into something or someone was too generous with their leftovers. We try not to feed him table scraps, but sometimes the kids can't resist those big, sad eyes.

Anyway, we did buy him a different brand of treats. We usually get the big bag at Sams Club. Also, I think we have different food too. So, we are going to stop the treats and see how he does.

What is the flea situation here? He never got them in MI, but we did have the freeze which would kill them off every year.

We had wolf spiders in MI too. I try not to look for them. I have seen tons of roaches at night and some other creepy looking things. Now, I am afraid to walk in the grass. Eek.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
No fleas..nada. You just got to get over the squeameys. Nothing like the nice little crunch when you get a cockroache.

There is pretty much nothing in the grass and anything there is will be dispatched by your foot.

Play with the little guys diet. Our spitz goes through occassional fits of that. He lives on hand prepared meals (mostly beef in low fat cottage cheese). Would not touch any dog treat we know of. Sniffs them and walks away. Disappoints the clerks in some of the establishments that cater to dogs.

Hit him with a little chocolate though and he is all over it. This pup has real bad hpbits. Does not actually get chocolate of course unless he manages to steal one very rarely.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:06 PM

395 posts, read 1,081,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb610 View Post

it was 99 degrees today... nice!
I know it was too nice. I took the afternoon off and hit the golf course it was so nice.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
my dog was doing the same thing too, were you giving him water from the tap?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:49 PM

Yes, my mother just brought that up today. Is the water here not good to drink? That was going to be one of my searches tonight, because I know I read this question somewhere but it was before it actually affected me.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 PM

6 posts, read 22,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Yes, my mother just brought that up today. Is the water here not good to drink? That was going to be one of my searches tonight, because I know I read this question somewhere but it was before it actually affected me.
i know whenever i wash my hands at home.. or take a shower.. the water feels odd... like my skin already feels dehydrated.. maybe its just me... or the apartment complex, or the lack of any water conditioning system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas