Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 03:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtella2000 View Post
You will get it. Do your own search. You can find on realtor.com. Ask for 50% share if you go with a realtor. There is lot of realtors who share their 3% or 6% commission with you. You can get half of that 3% or 6% commission. Anyway realtors do nothing other than sucking up your money. They should get no more than $1000.00 for their work.
Must you do that. It is plain silly. There is no way a user of Realtor.com is able to get the information needed. And this is almost certain to be a short or a REPO. And those require a certain amout of skill to get them closed.

And they take a significant amount of effort.

And when you get your license and start to practice you can get all the $1000 customers and put us all out of business. Until then leave it alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 03:12 PM

191 posts, read 664,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCGal View Post
I just sold a house in Huntington Beach 2200 sqft 10 years old near the beach. Do not think I got millions I was one of those that qualified on the affordable housing plan (not low income but moderate) So I ended up with 200K equity out of it and prefer to pay cash for a house in Vegas.

So I know no beach nearby so that rules out neighborhoods near the water. LOL

I do not know if I would qualify for FHA because I was a homeowner and own a rental property. Do not know the rules about that.

well there you go sister

I dont think you would have a hard time getting a place with cash on hand. very Doable since you would have a better chance compared to the people who you might bid against thats going with a loan. because there is a strong chance that you will find REO/foreclosed property and you bid against others.

NW and Newer North by Aliante have bigger housing for the money i think. Some people might tell you North is a bad area...Puhleaseeee these negative people dont know how it is to live in some o the ghetto places in cali haha. North is not bad at all but you do get some that are not so nice areas,you just have to go and see for yourself.

Summerlin i dont know if you can get one under 200k, but it would compare more to Chino Hills rather than Corona or Fontana because of the highier pricing of homes.

Henderson is also a good place. I really loved the Anthem/Seven Hills area here but a lilttle pricey for me (seven hills)

In the SW Mountains Edge,blue diamond area and Southern Highlands i would compare also to the newer houses in Corona/Chino Hills/New Fontana area,good places also.but cheaper than summerlin.

East side i dont know if you want to go there,i think is a little farther or longer commute,but i could be wrong,i did not spend much time there.

All the places i have mentioned,Seems to have the same things you can compare with/Chino Hills/Corona and Fontana but cheaper. and all are GREAT places..New and Clean feel/look to them.

Go spend sometime in Vegas and drive around (i drove around for 6 months haha) all the places and get a realtor to show you the houses. We can give you all kinds of advice,but really in the end, its you who has to feel the house/area.

all these places have more or less of what you are looking for...just gotta look. but for sure you can get one for under or on the 200k range.

good luck to you fellow OC neighbor.

Last edited by bosozoku; 08-21-2008 at 04:01 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 03:14 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
You will get it. Do your own search. You can find on realtor.com. Ask for 50% share if you go with a realtor. There is lot of realtors who share their 3% or 6% commission with you. You can get half of that 3% or 6% commission. Anyway realtors do nothing other than sucking up your money. They should get no more than $1000.00 for their work.

Perhaps that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Considering the size of the Las Vegas/Henderson/North Las Vegas Valley and the amount of homes for sale...

Wouldn't it be wise (if you are not at all familiar to the valley) to use a licensed, knowledgeable realtor to direct you to the best house, with all the specifications you want, and with what your money can buy, in the nicest areas?

Unless you are completely familiar with all points of the entire valley, realtor.com will not serve your purpose. Houses look great on there, but if you don't know your way around you'd have no idea if you were going into a less desirable area or not.

Realtor.com does not provide that crucial information at all

Old 08-21-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
oh come on now, i recommend realtor.com or zillow with people from out of state so they can see the house and the price range because they are OUT OF TOWN and not easy to be there in person to see it for themselves.

1. you wouldnt be able to go into the houses by yourself because they have lock boxes at the door.

2. the realtors have other information that you wouldnt be able to find on the site alone.

3. the realtors know about the paper works that are involved in purchasing a house that no regular folks would have knowledge of.

give these realtors a break..they do their part in helping you get your house..although sometimes you get a realtor that might be in it for the comission and not looking at what you need,but for the most part these people earned whatever comission they get. Not All Realtors are bad like you make them out to be.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:09 PM

31 posts, read 72,868 times
Cmon, realtors..look how many of you are on this forum. The replies I got confirms the suspcion I have. All those sunny/rosy views about Las Vegas come from realtors.

Prospective home owners, honestly Vegas housing market so screwed up....the prices will go down for next five years at least. Do not be fooled by those headlines. There is no strong job market or good schooling here. There is close to $10 billion worht projects suspended or cancled in the last couple of months. There is 25,000 homes in the market now. And a lot more people not bothed putting their homes on the market. They are just walking away. If the economy tanks next year, which is more likely, you can only imagine what it would do to the housing. Why take uncessary risk??? Rent it.

But if you have to buy it, sequeez the money...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Cmon, realtors..look how many of you are on this forum. The replies I got confirms the suspcion I have. All those sunny/rosy views about Las Vegas come from realtors.

Prospective home owners, honestly Vegas housing market so screwed up....the prices will go down for next five years at least. Do not be fooled by those headlines. There is no strong job market or good schooling here. There is close to $10 billion worht projects suspended or cancled in the last couple of months. There is 25,000 homes in the market now. And a lot more people not bothed putting their homes on the market. They are just walking away. If the economy tanks next year, which is more likely, you can only imagine what it would do to the housing. Why take uncessary risk??? Rent it.

Sorry, I'm not a realtor, nor profess to be one.

My rosy outlook on life is because I'm happy and have made good choices here over the many years.

Sorry if yours didn't work out so well for you, the housing crunch has affected many unknowing homeowners/investors who got caught up in it.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited by MomMom; 08-21-2008 at 04:30 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 04:28 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
Quote:

There is classes you can take to fix that grammar of yours. I for one would never take serious financial advice from one who cannot form and structure a complete and correct sentence.

For the record, there are only two RE agents on the Vegas board that I know of, lvre411 and olecapt. The former rarely posts, and the latter backs up everything he says with statistical data.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Im not a Realtor, im in the Automotive field..whats up?

and IF the OP wants to buy a house who are you to tell her not to?

Im sure she knows whats going on with the Economy,Which is ALL OVER the country not just Las Vegas.

And People are still buying because now some people can actually afford the monthly mortgage because of the low price of homes.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:33 PM

31 posts, read 72,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Sorry, I'm not a realtor, nor profess to be one.

My rosy outlook on life is because I'm happy and have made good choices here over the many years.

Sorry if yours didn't work out so well for you, the housing crunch has affected many unknowing homeowners/investors who got caught up in it.

Best of luck to you!

hooo..Thank you. By the way, I am not in high school. I am sorry if you still have not come out of it.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas