Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 AM

100 posts, read 403,947 times

Advertisements

We got here Wed. afternoon. Exhausted from driving, only to find the air conditioner was screwed up!!! It took us 3 days to get it repaired! Due to this, I have extreme heat rash..LOL

My house is wonderful though and I am so happy to be here.

We have been out buying things for the past few days and Cox installed my cable/internet/ phone on Friday. I never knew how much I needed the internet..LOL

Using the phone book to find simple things like Home Depot and Lowe's was tough..LOL

Bug Bully, I am going to call you tomorrow and get you back out and pay you..LOL

Also everyone has been so nice whereever we go.

The manager at Smiths even gave me 2 (glass) wine glasses when she found out I was buying plastic ones due to the truck not getting here with our furniture and belongings until next week!!! She said, that just won't do..LOL

I can already tell we are going to love living here!

Last edited by Desert Palm; 08-25-2008 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: added comments:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 12:36 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,921,428 times
Welcome! Glad you made it safely. Sorry about the heat rash. My daughter got a bad case of it too. Whe is fine now. We have been here a little over a week now. We are adjusting. Enjoying seeing everything, and looking forward to seeing more!

Old 08-25-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Welcome! Glad you made it safely. Sorry about the heat rash. My daughter got a bad case of it too. Whe is fine now. We have been here a little over a week now. We are adjusting. Enjoying seeing everything, and looking forward to seeing more!
Thanks Kimba! I knew you were going to beat me by about a week..LOL
Rash sucks, but I am glad it isn't just me..LOL

I called my Dr. on the east coast and he told me it was from the lack of a/c in the house, and the house being around 96 degrees day and night, so i am doing the benedryl and cornstarch baby powder for awhile..LOL

Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 AM

Yeah, it does suck. She got it from sitting on those dang plastic-y chairs at all the dealerships when we were car searching. Felt so bad for her. We used a light hydrocortisone cream and it's gone now. Thank goodness, because her first day of school is tomorrow!

Cornstarch baby powder is a great idea, too!

Old 08-25-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Yeah, it does suck. She got it from sitting on those dang plastic-y chairs at all the dealerships when we were car searching. Felt so bad for her. We used a light hydrocortisone cream and it's gone now. Thank goodness, because her first day of school is tomorrow!

Cornstarch baby powder is a great idea, too!
Thanks, I might try the hydro cortizone too. It is creeping on my calves now and on my face even!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,234,549 times
DesertPalm, Welcome to Las Vegas. We hope you enjoy living here as much as we all do and Kimba too. And no, those giant black things out after dark with lots of legs aren't chihuahua's, they are giant cockroaches, also known as water bugs. So don't feed them.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:47 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,651,220 times
DP: Welcome to Las Vegas. It's not as hot this year, so you'll be ok. On the other hand, it is a lot drier this year. Don't laugh too loud, people will give you funny looks.

Pink: Another name for those nasty things is LA Tourist. Plenty of fun to stomp them, ne?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:25 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,463,423 times
Welcome, glad you finally made it. Just give me a call when you need us!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:11 PM

Thanks Guys! I am trying to feel my way around henderson. It is so funny trying to figure out where the bank is..LOL I am so glad to have my puter to make it easier.
My GPS is installed in the car and needs updating, so it tries to send me down one way streets the wrong way...LOL

Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Palm View Post
Thanks Guys! I am trying to feel my way around henderson. It is so funny trying to figure out where the bank is..LOL I am so glad to have my puter to make it easier.
My GPS is installed in the car and needs updating, so it tries to send me down one way streets the wrong way...LOL
LOL. My GPS signal in my brain is way outta whack now. I got turned around driving home from the school and we don't live far from it. But you cannot do U turns to get back so I had to go around and ended up in unfamiliar area. Not hard, at this point, to be unfamiliar. This is why there are so many complaints about drivers here

Whereabouts are you in Henderson? I am at Eastern and Horizon Ridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas