Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 04:44 PM

27 posts, read 50,729 times

Advertisements

--

Last edited by Ron_in_the_House; 08-25-2008 at 05:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 PM

Sorry.

Here it is again.

I'm looking to purchase a house as an investment and i was wondering if that is a good time?

I'm looking at it as a long time investment. 5 years from now.

I have a few questions and i will appreciate any given advise.

1) Is it a good time to invest?

2) How hard it is to rent a house in Vegas? and what i can ask for on a house that worth a 200K ?

3) What do you suggest, buying a new house or a 2 house home?

4) Has anyone heard about Centex home? what is your opinion?

5) What is the property tax that needs to be paid on a house that worth 200k in Vegas

6) Are there any other expenses that needs to be paid by the owner beside the property tax?

7) in a scale from 1 to 10 how good it is to invest in vegas opposed to other places in the USA?

I'm not from the US, so please excuses my poor english.

I will greatly appreciate any given advise.

Thank you,

Ron

Old 08-25-2008, 07:16 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,641,507 times
Your English is perfect. But the fact that you have to ask those types of questions suggests it is not in your best interest to invest in any real estate till you learn the ropes. And any learning medium is out of date if it was published more then 6 months ago.

The Las Vegas market is the worst in the United States right now with Phoenix, Miami, Detroit and So Cal not far behind. Does that make it a good time to buy as an investor or a family? I think one would have to be nuts even now with the much lower prices then 2 years ago. The prices are still falling. The only things selling are foreclosures.

Whatever you do.....BE CAREFULL !!!!!
or you can end up as just another statistic. It aint fun and it does suck !

Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,977,927 times
dont forget the fees that the property management company are going to charge you to rent the house.. and just because the house cost 200k, doesnt justify what rent you will receive in return...

you will also have to pay the hoa (if its terra west at least) a fee due to the house being a rental, and your taxes will go up 8% a year.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:11 AM

Thank you so much!

I will appreciate if more details will be provided.

Ron

Old 08-26-2008, 11:09 AM

31 posts, read 72,866 times
Keep your money under mattress. Probably the best investment you can make.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtella2000 View Post
Keep your money under mattress. Probably the best investment you can make.
Geez ain't that the truth these days..................

Old 08-27-2008, 03:58 PM

My Common sense tells that when someone is losing someone ells is winning.

Why not buying when the market is slighting down, I can understand that it might go down even more then that, but after all no one knows when it is going to stop.

Im not looking to earn something from it in the near future. I'm looking at it as an investment for the long run.

Why not buying now, renting the place for the next 5 years and in case the market is up 5 years from now selling it, if not keep on renting.
Renting the place for the 5 up coming years can provide a profit around the 50 K.

Even if prices will stay the same 5 years from now, you still make a profit of 50K. Is there a better investment out there? Dont think so.

Am i lost in here and not looking correctly?

Any opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Again sorry for my poor english. English is not my every day languish as im not from the USA.

Thanks for everyone.

Ron

Old 08-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_in_the_House View Post
My Common sense tells that when someone is losing someone ells is winning.

Why not buying when the market is slighting down, I can understand that it might go down even more then that, but after all no one knows when it is going to stop.

Im not looking to earn something from it in the near future. I'm looking at it as an investment for the long run.

Why not buying now, renting the place for the next 5 years and in case the market is up 5 years from now selling it, if not keep on renting.
Renting the place for the 5 up coming years can provide a profit around the 50 K.

Even if prices will stay the same 5 years from now, you still make a profit of 50K. Is there a better investment out there? Dont think so.

Am i lost in here and not looking correctly?

Any opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Again sorry for my poor english. English is not my every day languish as im not from the USA.

Thanks for everyone.

Ron
If home prices dont go up in 5 years (which I doubt they will here) you expect to make $50,000 ?!?!?!?! How do you expect to do this? At about $900 a month for 5 years that equalls your # of about $50,000. Are you forgetting mortgage? Expenses etc?

If your looking at the long run then you are being more realistic. I still dont trust this market. But some do and that dont make them dumb. Risk takers will most always prevail in the end.

Your right on about buying when the market is down. But who knows where the bottom of down is? Dont ask me. Ask everyone out there why they are not buying? Everyone is selling, a logical thought might be that all these sellers will be buyers if some one would just start the ball rolling and buy something....anything......just buy a damn home already !!!!

You are right on again when you said when ever some one is losing, some one else is winning. Usually the educated will be the winners. You seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders. Be careful.

Dont say your sorry for poor English. I only found one mispelled word in your whole post. Your doing quite well. Where are you from?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:14 AM

Thank you for your response. It is greatly appreciated.

You ask how i can expect to make 50K in 5 years. I'm not looking to take any mortgage on the house. I will pay cash.

I Know that i need to pay property tax on the house and i'm assuming that a house in price range of 170K to 200K can be rented in a price range of 1100 to 1300$

So detecting the property tax from it still leavs you with 900$ a month if not more.
I was wondering if there are more expneses on a house in the US beside the property tax that i'm not aware of?

It seems like a good investment to me. Am i the only one that looks at this this way?
If so, more people that have cash should look better and see that this is the time to buy.

It is not bad to make a 50 K profit in a 5 year time by doing nothing. It defently better then the 0% the give you in the bank those days.

Desertsun, I am from Israel.

Please share your thoughts with me.

Ron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas