Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:35 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times

Advertisements

Just got this from the news alert...near Cheyenne/Jones, no one was home

BREAKING NEWS -- A twin engine Piper Navajo has crashed into a house near Jones and Cheyenne. Fire crews and police are on the scene. There are reports that no one was in the home at the time of the crash.

Las Vegas Now | Homepage News - Las Vegas Local News, Weather, Traffic, Events, Sports, KLAS-TV Channel 8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 04:49 PM

687 posts, read 4,405,373 times
Yea, this time behind my neighborhood! I was trying to get my son home from school and it was complete chaos trying to get into my house.

To top the whole mess off, we have no power or cable and it's really hot today! My stepdad has a plane that he flys out of that airport and I tell you what, I will not set foot on that dang thing again!

Old 08-28-2008, 05:19 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
I saw the smoke from Summerlin Parkway. Then I heard the news. Thats crazy... they should ground all the planes out of that place and do some kind of inspection on all those planes.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:43 PM

638 posts, read 2,244,111 times
Crazy. Dont know what to even say about that.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:11 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Maybe they're thinking that it's better than giving it to the bank?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
I hear this plane is from Palo Alto, CA. It is a twin engine plane that was built in 1981. It has been in for repairs at the N. Las Vegas Airport and was taking off going back to California. Witnesses said they heard a pop-pop-pop and saw one of the engines on fire right after takeoff towards the west. It made a left turn towards the south and attempted to land on Jones but clipped a few power lines and ended up on someone driveway. It was loaded with fuel and ignited, the rest was history.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Actually the parents and some kids were home, but they got out ok. The mother was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The father was out back BBQ-ing at the time. The people in the second house ran out unharmed, but shaken.
This is crazy, 2 plane crashes in one weeks time.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:56 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
I always say things happen in 3s. But the 3rd one today was in California. More killed in that crash that was into another home. Dont know if Cali counts as a 3rd but it is still sad.

It was on the news this morning that the house next to the one the plane crashed into that was just damaged was a vacant foreclosed home. The neighbors interviewed hoped it would push the bank to fix it up sooner then later. I doubt it.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:38 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
I bet nobody wants to buy a house anywhere near the flight path for NLV airport now. You just never know what's going to happen or when.
As low as the nellis jets fly over my area, it's only a matter of time til one crashes and that would be much worse as big as those things are.
If i could wish for any planes to go away, it's the low flying jets. And those janet planes. Super loud and very low. They are too low if i can read all the writing on them without my glasses.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:55 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I bet nobody wants to buy a house anywhere near the flight path for NLV airport now. You just never know what's going to happen or when.
As low as the nellis jets fly over my area, it's only a matter of time til one crashes and that would be much worse as big as those things are.
If i could wish for any planes to go away, it's the low flying jets. And those janet planes. Super loud and very low. They are too low if i can read all the writing on them without my glasses.
The "Janet" planes are based at McCarran, and have no writing on them. But, if you've ever landed at McCarran from the north, you can see the bottom of the Hard Rock pool. directopedia : Directory : Society : Paranormal : UFOs : Area 51
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas