Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 01:41 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,070,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
I am also looking in the 89122 and 89142 area to buy a retirement home for cash. It so happens that I drive a pickup. Does that mean when I move in the neighbors are going to throw up their hands, roll their eyes and say "There goes the neighborhood"?
Nothing wrong with driving a pickup. Unless a mess of people drive pickups and park them on the street. Then it often means bad news.

In my area probably more than half the neighborhood has a pickup. I don't but I have a 20 year old E150 van which is probably as bad...just not as common. However if you see two parked on the street they are doing work on the homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 7,588 times
can anyone tell me what zip codes have decent apt complexes and are pretty good to live in?

Old 08-24-2009, 03:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,251,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajizzle View Post
can anyone tell me what zip codes have decent apt complexes and are pretty good to live in?
Some say if you find a place ANYWHERE in America near a Martin Luther King Blvd., that you've truly hit the mother load.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:57 PM

5 posts, read 10,830 times
What is the zip code for the southwest area. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,458,448 times
There are several: 89113, 89118, 89139, 89141, 89148, 89178, 89179. I believe that is all.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:49 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,203,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Some say if you find a place ANYWHERE in America near a Martin Luther King Blvd., that you've truly hit the mother load.
Yeah, you hit the mother lode all right...but not what you want.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:34 PM

41 posts, read 62,914 times
Hello,

I'm not too familiar with Las Vegas but need to be relatively close to the Strip. It appears that zip 89118 is a decent area? Any recommendations regarding the Tropicana/Valley View neighborhood? Thanks for your help.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:39 PM

11 posts, read 51,916 times
Default GJ, are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
i wonder if the people who say to avoid downtown have ever actually spent any time downtown (not in the bars, but in some of the neighborhoods). personally, at this point in my life i wouldn't want to live anywhere else in vegas. i have a short commute to work, i can walk to places i like to play, and i dig my neighborhood and my house. no HOAs, yards, shade....lotsa good stuff. depending on who you are and what you want, downtown living has some serious appeal (IMHO).

in fact, i have a colleague (currently lives down on warm springs) who has started looking around my neighborhood for when her lease is up as she really likes it here also.
Hope it isn't too late. I've read the entire Forum just now and it was incredibly informative. I have been searching for an apartment to stay for now while I am venturing on my new business territory. This forum changed everything! Now I have to start my lists over LOL!

I my idea is probably leaning toward Guinessjim's kind of living but he came and went. If you are still living here please give some names or places that I can look up for nice apartments downtown. Decent area with good security. Am I asking too much? Professional atmosphere, business related etc.

Thank You.

PS: If the thread is dead, please email.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:15 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,072,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazerk View Post
Hello,

I'm not too familiar with Las Vegas but need to be relatively close to the Strip. It appears that zip 89118 is a decent area? Any recommendations regarding the Tropicana/Valley View neighborhood? Thanks for your help.
I live in 89118. Tropicans / valley view isnt bad, but farther east on tropicana is better. I dont know if you're looking at houses/apts/condos but there are a bunch of houses 2.0 miles south of hacienda (hacienda runs between luxor and mandalay bay) off valley view around warm springs.

It's not for everyone, but I like the proximity to the strip, no traffic, 1/2 acre lots and the quiet. There are a ton of places from older ranch style homes to million dollar homes.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:28 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,070,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunotes View Post
Hope it isn't too late. I've read the entire Forum just now and it was incredibly informative. I have been searching for an apartment to stay for now while I am venturing on my new business territory. This forum changed everything! Now I have to start my lists over LOL!

I my idea is probably leaning toward Guinessjim's kind of living but he came and went. If you are still living here please give some names or places that I can look up for nice apartments downtown. Decent area with good security. Am I asking too much? Professional atmosphere, business related etc.

Thank You.

PS: If the thread is dead, please email.
How much you willing to pay? Get into the lofts starting around $1200/1300 per month.

Jim had a little house in the Parks area. That gets real cheap but nicer place start around $1000 and go to $1500 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas