Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:09 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Advertisements

what is a swing stage? 47 floors up on the outside..... oh i'm getting dizzy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 PM

20 posts, read 108,946 times
Hello airics: That is about what it is "Air" just you and a partner on a board in the air. Not for everyone for sure. What I like most is that you are really "boss" as not many "bosses" have much to say as they peek over the side or yell out a window. Gotta have a good partner or death yells at ya the loudest. Once in Florida they put me on a triple with 2 who spoke only Spanish, me speaking only english. I said up, they went down....the day and job was finished for me

Kimba, sounds like bikin' will be for getting away from it all. Maybe there are some bass in that big lake.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:39 PM

Good Mornin' Vegas: Well, to update "you" who have helped and those who just read: My brother took my advice about landing some paint work with contractors before re-entering the Union. He has found a good paying job for both of us starting up in a few months. He will let me know later this week the expected length of this job. So, I may be there in December instead of January, and my hope is that this job will last til spring. I know it is not much more than that, not a "years job". I was hoping for $15-16 to get things running, this will be $18-20 and Bro has already laid down the booze-n-weed. A very fine step through the door, God is good to me, and it shows me that Vegas is not in shock by this financial crunch. I think many of these new buildings may be very empty in the coming years, but they are gonna' finish most of em. I do think this crunch is what OB needed to beat Mac in the coming election??? May be good economics-bad security???
Sleep well

Old 10-01-2008, 12:55 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Congrats and all the good luck to you!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 PM

47 floors up and i am afraid to climb a 10' ladder..... (head still spinning)

Old 10-01-2008, 10:18 PM

makes me wonder, who cleans the windows on the stratosphere tower? believe it or not, i have been on the insanity ride and the big shot.... won't do the insanity again though.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
I won't even do the roller coaster at NYNY

Old 10-01-2008, 10:53 PM

It takes all kinds to make this Big ball spin, I am sure you take care of things I don't touch After being a houseman for these 3 of mine, I touch and do things which once made me gag!!! 47 stories is a cake-walk after throw-up and toilets .....A Big Thumbs-Up to housewives

Old 10-02-2008, 12:42 PM

85 posts, read 287,461 times
I will not do the roller coaster on Stratosphere myself - no thanks - planned on it once for a Thursday, but Wednesday turned on the news and it was hanging off the rails saving people. No thanks!! Not on your life! LOL!

Somebody posted saying everything is union - it's not. Actually I know painters that worked non-union jobs in hotels that made very good money. Rooms and suites are ALWAYS being re-modedeled. Also, yesterday, I read an article on lvrj.com - they are de-theming hotels in that Luxor has no hieroglyphics, no Central Park in NY NY, etc. Those inside jobs are done by the aforementioned hotel staff - not unions necessarily. I know people who were painters in Golden Nugget, nonunion, and they used the money to open their own company in addition. They painted hospitals and homes - nonunion - made a decent buck doing it too.

Don't allow yourself to be hit broadside my limited thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas