U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 PM

71 posts, read 241,168 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good collections agency here in Vegas??? I am looking for an agency that takes their portion of the money when the money is received.... essentially, no up front money on my behalf! Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 PM

12,838 posts, read 25,959,346 times
i'm good at this.... how old is the debt? do you have a judgment? and do the people have a job? if its under a couple thousand dollars, you are wasting your time

Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 PM

the debt is about 7 months old, no judgement, not sure if they are still employed, and it's about $2,000. I didn't want to waste my time going through small claims court and wanted to hand it over to a collections agency to make sure that the debt is reported on the tenants credit report....

Old 09-26-2008, 06:03 PM

without a judgment, it won't be reported.. if you are looking to collect past rent etc. from eviction, sorry but not worth the hassle.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:36 PM

So it's not even worth it to take it to small claims court???

Old 09-26-2008, 07:52 PM

10,440 posts, read 47,549,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i'm good at this.... how old is the debt? do you have a judgment? and do the people have a job? if its under a couple thousand dollars, you are wasting your time
I dont agree with that. I have a medical debt of $743.26 that just popped up on my credit coincidentally 1 day before the (7 year) statute of limitations ran out. I ignored the one and only non certified letter sent to me and about 2 months later I notice its on my credit report.

Creditors never ever give up these days. No matter how small the amount.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:02 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,240,550 times
Yes, you do no have to have a judgment to have it reported. Once it goes to a collection company, it gets reported the next month. Collection companies have to send their records to the credit bureaus once a month. Worked for one about 10 years ago.

I had one I use to use when I worked at my last job, but would not suggest them. The company I worked for years ago was Quantum Collections, they were on Civic Center. Not sure about their policies, because I worked for their office in AZ. But I know their agents were aggressive, and will file claim to garnish wages if they have solid work info, or find it.

Hopes this helps.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I dont agree with that. I have a medical debt of $743.26 that just popped up on my credit coincidentally 1 day before the (7 year) statute of limitations ran out. I ignored the one and only non certified letter sent to me and about 2 months later I notice its on my credit report.

it was from a company originally, not an individual.. that would be like me going to a collection agency and saying my neighbor owes me $200, put it on the report. a company has a statement

Old 09-26-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

it is easy to get it off your report, send them a validation letter. also dispute it with all the credit bureaus..... you can go to creditboards.com for more info

Old 09-26-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
Yes, you do no have to have a judgment to have it reported. Once it goes to a collection company, it gets reported the next month. Collection companies have to send their records to the credit bureaus once a month. Worked for one about 10 years ago.

I had one I use to use when I worked at my last job, but would not suggest them. The company I worked for years ago was Quantum Collections, they were on Civic Center. Not sure about their policies, because I worked for their office in AZ. But I know their agents were aggressive, and will file claim to garnish wages if they have solid work info, or find it.

Hopes this helps.
again from a company.. not an individual.... for an individual you need the judgment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas