Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:48 PM

595 posts, read 2,301,093 times

Advertisements

Good job Red! I hope you're having a nice steak and a cold beer to celebrate. What zip is your new house in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 06:51 PM

444 posts, read 1,609,231 times
89108 And my life is somewhat upsidedown. I only eat chicken and my wife drinks all of the beer. I'm retired and she works. She says Nevatta and I say Nevahhhda. She sings karaoke and I sing in the shower.

I'm 60 so if I still drank beer, I'd have to live in the restroom lol. You know, like those commercials where the guy always misses the pictures being taken. Thanks, Ron

Old 12-04-2008, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,935 times
Default Postcards

I just spoke with the assessor's office and was told that the postcards will all be mailed between 12/12 and 12/18.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:35 PM

654 posts, read 1,318,530 times
Sorry this is late, but I just got my 'Notice of Value' from Clark County. (They sent it to the wrong address initially.) The Taxable Value on my property's gone up quite a bit, I'm sure in part because it was new construction. The catch is, of course, that it has since gone down in value & I need to establish a case for that. What works best with the people from the County?

Open to advice from anyone, Olecapt you know I'll trust what you have to say.

Won't it be hard to make the case without comparable sales? The builder's selling another of the same model for $40K less than what I paid, but I doubt they'll consider a market listing versus a closed transaction - just talking out loud. In my area, sales have slowed considerably & values have dropped. Most of my immediate area is new construction, within a mile there's a decent number of REO properties. I'm in the NE, a little south of Pecos & Centennial - if that matters.

At any rate, I'll need to file the paperwork this week, so any & all advice is appreciated.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,073,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
Sorry this is late, but I just got my 'Notice of Value' from Clark County. (They sent it to the wrong address initially.) The Taxable Value on my property's gone up quite a bit, I'm sure in part because it was new construction. The catch is, of course, that it has since gone down in value & I need to establish a case for that. What works best with the people from the County?

Open to advice from anyone, Olecapt you know I'll trust what you have to say.

Won't it be hard to make the case without comparable sales? The builder's selling another of the same model for $40K less than what I paid, but I doubt they'll consider a market listing versus a closed transaction - just talking out loud. In my area, sales have slowed considerably & values have dropped. Most of my immediate area is new construction, within a mile there's a decent number of REO properties. I'm in the NE, a little south of Pecos & Centennial - if that matters.

At any rate, I'll need to file the paperwork this week, so any & all advice is appreciated.
Send me a DM with your address and I will see if I can dredge up useful comps. If so you can take them with you. It helps.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:45 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,857,140 times
My actual property taxes for my place in LV for '09 went down a few months back and in December my assessed value also went down to just about what I paid in Jan'08. This is an unexpected relief.

I've never seen property taxes or assessed values go down. I'm used to a regular screwing-over by the local taxman who jacks up my assessed value whenever a budget shortfall is imminent or a new local boondoggle needs to be built. How refreshing to see some honesty in the property tax game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas