Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:27 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
Red light running is a major concern here though--that is for sure!!
When I'm at a light and it changes to green.....I count to three ....that's the number of cars that will go thru the red.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 09:54 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,296 times
yup so cal is probably worse than vegas. imo vegas isnt that bad when it comes to jerk drivers. but those silly kids in cars with GIGANTIC wings and exhausts make me mad ! always trying to race people even when the other guy doesnt know whats going on. and when they lose they get mad at you ! plenty of those kids out here.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:50 PM

229 posts, read 814,446 times
I know that everyone likes to beat up on California drivers, but everytime I'm in SoCal, I'm surpirsed at how good the drivers are at dealing with heavy traffic and constant lane changes. What makes me crazy about driving here is all the red light runners. Driving at night is always interesting. The later it gets, the faster the freeways and the drunker the drivers. When it rains, look out. Many drivers here don't understand water and what it does to a road that never gets wet, so they still go along with the pedal to the floor, then quickly to the brakes, the back to the pedal to the floor.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:21 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackackack View Post
I know that everyone likes to beat up on California drivers, but everytime I'm in SoCal, I'm surpirsed at how good the drivers are at dealing with heavy traffic and constant lane changes. What makes me crazy about driving here is all the red light runners. Driving at night is always interesting. The later it gets, the faster the freeways and the drunker the drivers. When it rains, look out. Many drivers here don't understand water and what it does to a road that never gets wet, so they still go along with the pedal to the floor, then quickly to the brakes, the back to the pedal to the floor.
I totally agree ackx3 BUT when you get those SAME SoCal drivers into Las Vegas, they totally blow it... They completely forget that most of the people in LV are from somewhere else and they brought those habits here with them.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 PM

229 posts, read 814,446 times
You're right. I think driver's are worse when they get here because they can be, it's easy to do 60+mph in a 45 mph zone because all the roads here are long and straight. I hate the types who feel they need to double the speed limits on residential streets, or those who treat the less traveled roads with 25 or 35 mph zones as freeways. I wonder if it's becuase of the wide, straight roads that we have. All of them have curbs and streetlights, so maybe it's instinct for many to think they are drag racing each time the light turns green.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
I think it's really just a small segment of the population that runs the red lights. Everytime I see it happen it's always one of those damn pigs from RC Farms behind the wheel!

They're the same ones that 'hog' the left lane on 215, also!

Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
ACK:

I think you are right about Las Vegas roads. The roads are so wide open and in good shape that your 100HP Honda can get up to speed quick. I was in the Bay Area this past thanksgiving and the roads are terrible. My friends Jaguar has all his rims bent and had to get a whole new set of wheels because they don't fix the roads! You have to see it after a good rain, the cracks just open up!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:14 AM

64 posts, read 413,343 times
Its not that bad there. I lived most of my life in Las Vegas, until my job took me to Houston 2 years ago. I cannot get used to these morons scattered in all lanes driving under the posted speed limit in Houston. The roads in Vegas are much better than here. You would think a city the size of Houston would at least have some double left turn lanes, and roads with at least 3 travel lanes in each direction, but NO!

Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
You should see NJ with the jug handles! That is one f'ed up state to drive in!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:14 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
You should see NJ with the jug handles! That is one f'ed up state to drive in!
jug handles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: