Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:14 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
of course not.....until your things get stolen or you want to cancel your membership.
ahhhh, I did cancel my membership.....last May because of ill health....I had ZERO problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 12:34 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
I've trained there as a guest a few times over the years with no problems.
My friend has been a member there forever--and I know he has no problems.

I smell sour grapes here.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:52 AM

542 posts, read 986,068 times
I always liked them. I was a member for 2 years.

Some of the locations are out-dated though. I always went to the lake mead or the new W. Flamingo locations. My daughter loved the day-care portion too. I felt comfortable with the staff, and by the signs, I could tell they cared for the kids (Always knew my daughter by her name. My daughter always said hello/goodbye, which she doesn't do if she doesn't like someone).

I will join again, when the job situation changes. The only reason I quit is because I can use the $20/month somewhere else.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:26 PM

24 posts, read 25,849 times
Any reviews on LifeTime fitness in Summerlin area

Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 PM

542 posts, read 986,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.V. SnowBird View Post
Any reviews on LifeTime fitness in Summerlin area
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pretty much answers that

(A friend of mine is a member there. It costs him $120/month. LVAC is $20. He says it is very nice though...as well it should be)

Old 10-20-2011, 03:17 PM

35 posts, read 73,777 times
Lifetime.
Really, really, well done!
About the most family friendly gym I have ever seen!
Maybe to the point of annoying to those who do not have/want kids??
We love it, our kids love it.
It is very expensive comparatively.
For pure "fitness" purposes I don't think u are getting any significant benefit for the price, although their training staff istop notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-03-2024, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 182 times
Post LVAC, a beginners guide

People say that the first impression made upon someone is what makes up their mind about a certain thing right off the bat. This is no different for the first experience at your local gym. The first experience of walking through the doors and using the equipment is a lasting one. There are places here in the valley that I wouldn’t look at twice due to maintenance and care of the equipment and facilities, and it’s really a shame.
Personally, I’ve had many first experiences in different gyms spanning over a decade by now. I feel that I can define what makes a gym worth coming back to and maintaining a membership for. There are many different aspects to judge from, which is also why many gyms who appreciate their members will take the prospective members around for a tour and show them around the joint. Many of these gyms are so large that you can be attending for months and still not see the entire place.
My best and worst experiences came from the LVAC (Las Vegas Athletics Club) located on Decatur Blvd. The proximity of a gym to your house is of utmost importance, since no one wants to drive out of their way every day, to work out for an hour, and drive all the way back. You want this place to be relatively close by so that you can stop by on the way to, or on the way home from work and not have it be out of the way completely. This is going to vary from person to person since everyone lives in such different areas, you may even want to select a different location. For me, this location wasn’t very far away, and was extremely easy to find since the building was so large and immediately visible. Being located on the corner of this large intersection, and right off the freeways means that this location is very accessible for many people in the area.
The building is very large, allowing for many people to attend at the same time, and not having each person be shoulder-to-shoulder while trying to exercise. You don’t want to return to a gym who has a line of people for each machine, that would make your workouts 10 times longer than necessary. In my experience here, it can get a little crowded during the day but outside of business hours there are hardly any attendees, opening up many machines for use. In many of the smaller gyms, they aren’t open for 24-hour use since they don’t possess the staff to work around the clock and are not designed for this due to the size. All of this also depends on the time of the year that it is, since around New Years, many gyms can get very crowded from the attendees who have made their resolutions to actually use their memberships that year.
For those who choose to spend their spare time working on bettering themselves physically, everyone comes in many shapes, sizes and personalities. Some people are naturally very chatty and love to speak to the staff each time they come in. For me, I am not one of those people. One important thing for me is to be able to come in, nod to the staff member, scan my membership card and get right to work. I extremely dislike idle conversation when I’m within a certain mindset to get work done. This location compensates for all different types of people and doesn’t try to take up your time with meaningless conversation, if that’s what you want and who you are. The staff here would say “Good Evening” upon my arrival, and “Have a good night” while I was leaving, and I was very grateful for their understanding of my antisocial personality.
Why is it that you would want to exercise in a gym? To better yourself, absolutely. But more importantly, to use the equipment that they buy with your membership costs! If a gym has no equipment, then there’s no point in attending in the first place. One important aspect of any gym is the machines that you pay to use. These must be cleaned and maintained regularly to prevent breakage and keep people using it. You expect the machines to be adequate and usable when you attend, because why else do you pay money to go there? Sometimes it can take a few sessions to really notice the cleaners, but the LVAC cleaners work around the clock to maintain the equipment and to keep them in working order. Even with the hundreds of machines that this location has, it was very rare to find one damaged and not usable here.
Another important aspect of attending a gym for me is the clubs and activities they have outside of the normal lifting machines. At some point, the gym I’m attending at the time becomes like a home away from home with as much time as you spend there. Taking some time away from lifting recreationally to go to a swim class, yoga, or even martial arts can really elevate your gym-going experience. This location has everything you can think of, and an instructor to go with to teach you the proper techniques and forms needed to not injure yourself in the process. Unfortunately, none of these activities seemed to be advertised to the members as far as I could see. I actively looked for something to do to take a break from my normal lifting schedule to no avail.
Even the most seasoned lifters can be turned off of a specific gym brand or location due to cost changes and fees. In my experience, LVAC is not a month-to-month billed subscription like EOS has. This doesn’t come without its pros and cons, however. They set you up with a 3-year contract that the price cannot change while you’re there. Some people like the monthly subscription costs so they can cancel at any time, which is a large pro. I extremely disliked the contract, especially since I went there from July of 2014 to July of 2017, and they still expected the contract to be maintained for an additional 2 years, that wasn’t part of the contract. If you come to this location, be very wary of any contracts they ask you to sign, and the length of time they state. I stopped attending after this and they sent the remaining balance due to collections, which I was able to fight thankfully, due to the contract. The entire experience towards the end was a huge headache that I wished I could’ve avoided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas